Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC2R Engine Rebuild - Oversized Pistons.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R Engine Rebuild - Oversized Pistons.

Engine is getting rebuilt at the moment and I am trying to stick stock as much as possible. The engine builder has told me he is using oversized pistons which is understandable as it needs to be bored.

My confusion is this: Is there any such thing as OEM oversized pistons, especially for a dc2r?

yes, .25 oversize...
    ... retired/

Comment

yea thats not bad to use. But if you decide to go aftermarket and go bigger you might have to get sleeves. you can only go so far with the stock sleeves
      "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

Work out if you want any compression increase, change cams, rods or crank.

good time to work it n/a or turbo if you are doing the bottom end.
        skinned knuckle racing

Comment

Originally posted by Haduken View Post
          I am trying to stick stock as much as possible.
          GUYS!!!

please read the first post!
          ... retired/

Comment

Apparently honda Japan has stop making oversize pistons for honda's.

As tink said, honda did make .25 oversize.
            BYP Racing & Developments
            Built. Tuned. Driven
            Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

sorry yo.

Then yes they did make oversize pistons.

And generally manfacturers will make oem replacement parts/ hold enough stock for about 10 years.
              skinned knuckle racing

Comment

they dont make anymore os piston for b-series

its been discontinued by honda japan.

reason: legality issue by japan road authority. apparently when the cylinder head is bored to fit the o/s piston, it is claimed that the displacement aka cc is no longer the same as original. i.e. so if it is 1800cc, it is not 1800cc anymore. hence making the car not road worthy. so honda japan doesnt want to be held responsible and so they stop making it anymore. thats at least for b-series engine.

thats the explanation that was given to me. as best as i can decipher in their japanese english.

there maybe shops who still hold stock of them. but from honda japan it is no longer available

JDM Concept Pty Ltd (ABN 43 120 929 713)

Westpac Bank of Australia
                A/C Name: JDM Concept
                A/C BSB: 032157
                A/C NO: 199691

sales[at]jdmconcept.com.au

Comment

so - they maybe they don't make them. i'd say they stopped making them 5 years ago...

but these manufacturers dont just make a few things at a time, they make BULK.

so you'll still be able to get them...
                  ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                  X