Recaro SR4 bolt Size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recaro SR4 bolt Size?

I purchased some Recaro seats a month or so ago for my EK, i was installing it today with Vision low seat rails. However I am missing the bolts which bolt up the bottom of the recaro seat to the vision seat rails. (NOT from the rails to the car)

Firstly I am not sure if the bolts should of came with the seats (from previous car), or I have to buy it myself. For safety reasons is this something i require special bolts, or can i Just go to Bunnings and buy the similar bolts? (as it does not seem like anything special but a normal bolt thread after looking at it)

If i am to buy the bolts, does anyone know the size of this bolt?

Thank you in advance.
    sigpic

i reckon just go bunnings, and get a replacement - you can get high tensil bolt there too if your worried.

i think the length of the bolt is about 3-3.5cm.

some people also change the bolts - which bolt the rails onto the car for extra security, so people cant steal your recaros so easliy.

Comment

Thanks.

So where do you buy these extra security bolts here in Aus? do you need them custom made by someone? I saw some guy selling them from the s2ki forum in the states though..
      sigpic

Comment

Like Antz said you can buy the bolts from Bunnings or use the bolts from the original stock rails which was attached to the seat.
        ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

i don't think bunnings would have as much of a match as required, they may but it would be a safe bet to go to a nts n bolts place, theres plenty around jst look it up in one of the directories, n they'll have a wide range of size, strengh and thread which may be more suited
          DCIIR

Comment

Working...
          X