No announcement yet.

dc2r Lost 8kw at wheels??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

our cars are suited to 5w - 30w from factory.

You can run higher viscosities for different applications such as track & extreme heat. I ran royal purple 10 - 40w for the anniversary track day.

I just had an oil service and went back to castrol edge 5 - 30.

Car definately feels more responsive.

It would no way be an 8kw difference, however I think there would be some relavance to it.
    "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
      Maybe cos you have a B20, I dunno??

Just commenting on personal experience Dave.
      i am not saying your personal experience is not true, but i really doubt suggesting it made "massive difference" is helpful?

because whilst the difference may be "noticeable" it is certainly not massive, and certainly not 8kW between 30 and 40 weight
      ... retired/

Comment

Nah definatly not 8kW. Sorry. But definately noticeable. But the guy said he is noticing a power loss.

Could be something major though.

Originally posted by ChargeR
        Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
          fezp - what brand cat is it? how old is it? where did you buy it? who installed it? when you unbolt it, what does it look like inside?
          cat was on it when i got the car.. it's welded on. i heard that by tapping it and seeing if it makes a rattly or any sound would be one way to tell if it was dead?

Comment

if the cat is gone then it might be causing restrictions.
            "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

Originally posted by fezp View Post
              cat was on it when i got the car.. it's welded on. i heard that by tapping it and seeing if it makes a rattly or any sound would be one way to tell if it was dead?
              you need to UNBOLT the exhaust and shine a torch inside the cat.
              ... retired/

Comment

Open headers test
                BYP Racing & Developments
                Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Ok thanks, i'll try and get the exhaust off and check it out.

Comment

okay found the problem. knocked on the cat and some metal thing is rattling inside it.. so now im in the market for a new cat possibly a new exhaust.. (something as quiet as possible on idle but loud on vtec)

Any recommendations? am open to 2nd hands.. also my budget is roughly 1kish (thanks to krudd). including the cat.

Comment

Working...
                    X