dc2r Lost 8kw at wheels??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fezp View Post
    Where would be a good place to start looking?
    next is fuel filter, spark plugs, air filter (clean or replace it!), spark plug leads, dizzy cap and rotor, throttle cable (is it tight!!!), throttle body clean, valve clearance correct, timing belt still on TDC, ignition timing reset (via proper method) etc...
    ... retired/

Comment

Do you get your fuel from the same place every time?
      Originally posted by TODA RACING Aust - Adrian
      In your case, clearly you have a combination that is bordering on crap...

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
        step 1 = reset the ECU.

detach battery for 20 mins or so...

or pull the RADIO fuse in the engine bay fuse box... (make sure you know the radio code also)
        Adrian at toda pulled the radio fuse out but it only got me 1kw more afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteDC2 View Post
          Do you get your fuel from the same place every time?
          Yeah. mainly from BP down the road.. i've tried united 100octane and mobil 8000 twice but other than that it's almost always at the same BP

Comment

next is fuel filter, spark plugs, air filter (clean or replace it!), spark plug leads, dizzy cap and rotor, throttle cable (is it tight!!!), throttle body clean, valve clearance correct, timing belt still on TDC, ignition timing reset (via proper method) etc...
            Yeah I would check all this stuff also. When was the last time the plugs were changed?
            "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

im not sure i bought the car at 68ks and it's done 90 atm so hasn't been changed since i've had it.

Comment

I use bp all the time however, i noticed on more than one occaision that after using a different fuel like v power or mobile or whatever, that when i go back to BP i feel a loss in power and fuel economy. I also find that after repeated use of BP my power comes back after a few weeks.

Ive tried 100octane fuel twice, dont recommend it, i lose power with that as well (feeling only).

With regard to fuel, i think V power is the best, i use BP ultimate because i get a discount.

I would bet that its a fuel issue.
                sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

it is surely NOT the oil...
                  When ever I use a xW-40 oil, I feel a massive difference in power and response compared to a xW-30 oil. Car feels sluggish - like the guy said.

Originally posted by ChargeR
                  Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

I've always used BP.. and the royal purple 10w 40 i used last time actually made me feel like it improved the performance of my car...

so no one here reckons it could be an issue with my cat? cause not only is vtec slower... but the sound isn't the same either it's like it's not getting enough air in/out.. (i recently changed my pod to another k&n boxed)

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
                      When ever I use a xW-40 oil, I feel a massive difference in power and response compared to a xW-30 oil. Car feels sluggish - like the guy said.
                      I have also had this experience.

Thinner oils I find tend to give more power.
                      "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

i tried Royal Purple, still running it now... i'll go back to Mobil 1 next time

Comment

Royal purple is awesome... I use it often. IMO the 5W-30 however, is more suited for a our cars - opposed to the 10W-40.

Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
                            massive? fark, i won the 2007 supersprints championship running 10W-60 oil...

my car never felt sluggish, it felt farkin' fast... maybe i was doing it wrong...?

but back on topic, there is no way that 30 vs 40 oil would cause 8kw loss...

fezp - what brand cat is it? how old is it? where did you buy it? who installed it? when you unbolt it, what does it look like inside?
                            Last edited by tinkerbell; 23-03-09, 09:15 AM.
                            ... retired/

Comment

Maybe cos you have a B20, I dunno??

Just commenting on personal experience Dave.

Comment

im using the 0w 40 i think... dont like thr royal purple...

my car is dead stock Ricky... yours may react differently

Comment

Working...
                                X