dc2r Lost 8kw at wheels??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dc2r Lost 8kw at wheels??

Hey as title suggests just had the car dynoed again today after a service.. and i seem to have lost 8kws at the wheels.
    only thing that's different from last time i had it dynoed was the oil i was using (genuine honda oil before now i use royal purple 10w 40), weather (was very hot and humid last time i did it, cold and rainy this time) and ..that's it. was done at toda both times

it was 112kw before now it pushes 104kw. and that too it was struggling to do it.. first time the guy dynoed it it was on 94kw.

The mechanic reckons it could be my high flow cat (rest of the car is stock as a rock, just k&n pod closed box) going on it's way out..
    Last edited by fezp; 21-03-09, 10:57 PM.

It's rare that a dyno would show the same result on different occaisions...

Calibration, weather, humidity etc.. all take into account.

Dont use a dyno as an end result to how much power ur making...
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

sorry forgot to add, i can feel the slowness myself... the vtec doesnt kick as hard as before

Comment

It could be that you were Honda FEO, which is 10w-30, and now you are using a thicker oil 10W-40.

It rare to see a dyno read the same result 2 times, on different days.

Originally posted by ChargeR
        Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Your tyre size, tyre pressures play a roll as well.

I've always used Royal Purple 10-40 and it works well for me.

If it was raining and the rollers were wet that might of been one of the major factors contributing to a lower reading. I remember being at an EvoOz dyno day and it was raining the rollers were wet. My car was tuned on this dyno and normally reads around 114-116kwatw but that day it only read 107kwatw. Also surprising a couple of stock evo's read around the 115-120kwatw mark.

Comment

i dont think it is the dyno though, cause i can feel the loss of power.. vtec isn't as loud and doesn't have that violent pull anymore.. wheels only spin in first gear not up to 3rd gear as it used to.

Comment

can you be a bit clearer about what has changed on your car? its not very clear reading your first post...

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
                can you be a bit clearer about what has changed on your car? its not very clear reading your first post...
                my car is slower now.. nothing else has changed. haven't added any mods, haven't changed anything the only aftermarket part i have on it is a high flow cat. the rest is all stock.

Comment

Highflow cat on a stock car?

Does it have flat spot in the rev range? If so, where abouts? How many km's has your car got.

Why not try changing back to the oil you were using before?

Originally posted by ChargeR
                  Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Wheel spin to 3rd gear!? Wow my B18C never did that... I could only chirp 3rd gear, lol. I can't even remember what its like to drive a normal DC2R.

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
                      Highflow cat on a stock car?

Does it have flat spot in the rev range? If so, where abouts? How many km's has your car got.

Why not try changing back to the oil you were using before?
                      yeh the previous owner took the exhaust off for his other integra or something and put the stock one back on.

what do you mean by a flat spot in the rev range?
                      it has 90k atm on it. i dont think it's the oil because the first time i used it it worked fine... i had no problems with it.

Also if it helps to know, i seem to be getting more kms from 1 tank of fuel than before.. average 20kms more now. but the lack of speed is irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by wu` View Post
                        Wheel spin to 3rd gear!? Wow my B18C never did that... I could only chirp 3rd gear, lol. I can't even remember what its like to drive a normal DC2R.
                        lol sorry, yeh not wheel spin in 3rd.. just that chirping feeling.. doesn't even do that any more..

Comment

it is surely NOT the oil...

sounds like it needs a extensive check over...

lots of *little* problems/issues can add up to BIG performance impact...
                          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                            it is surely NOT the oil...

sounds like it needs a extensive check over...

lots of *little* problems/issues can add up to BIG performance impact...
                            Where would be a good place to start looking?

Comment

Originally posted by fezp View Post
                              Also if it helps to know, i seem to be getting more kms from 1 tank of fuel than before.. average 20kms more now. but the lack of speed is irritating.
                              step 1 = reset the ECU.

detach battery for 20 mins or so...

or pull the RADIO fuse in the engine bay fuse box... (make sure you know the radio code also)
                              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                              X