Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent Help - need 2004 typs Chassis number for bumper

Hi guys,

The front bumper on my 2004 Type S needs replacement and the new bumper that the repairer ordered for me is different to my original one. There is a HOLE in front of the new bumper for the number plate bracket. My number plate is currently secured at the lower grill.

Since I didn't own this car from new, I’m not sure if the hole originally existed or the previous owner filled it up. The repairer shop needs a chassis number so they can order the correct bumper for me.

Could I please ask you guys a big favour, for those who owns the same car as me and that their number plate is secured in the lower grill instead at the front bumper, would they be able to give me their chassis number so that i can pass it on to the repairer.

or

Simply confirm that the hole for support of the number plate has always been there.

Thanks heaps,

Originally posted by Aixhero View Post
    Hi guys,

The front bumper on my 2004 Type S needs replacement and the new bumper that the repairer ordered for me is different to my original one. There is a HOLE in front of the new bumper for the number plate bracket. My number plate is currently secured at the lower grill.

Since I didn't own this car from new, I’m not sure if the hole originally existed or the previous owner filled it up. The repairer shop needs a chassis number so they can order the correct bumper for me.

Could I please ask you guys a big favour, for those who owns the same car as me and that their number plate is secured in the lower grill instead at the front bumper, would they be able to give me their chassis number so that i can pass it on to the repairer.

or

Simply confirm that the hole for support of the number plate has always been there.

Thanks heaps,
    I think the original bumper has a hole for for number plate holder.. that is the case for DC5R though..
    I am not sure about typeS, but I assume they are the same..
    usually, the mount under the grill is done separately. Some people do that by filling up the hole, respray the bumper and add bracket underneath to hold the number plate..

hope that helps
    - Project R -

Comment

The previous owner of your car moved the number plate, added brackets to mount it on the grill, and filled in the holes where the original plate is meant to be mounted.

Comment

there is a hole in my front bumper too which is used to mount the huge number plate bracket haha

Comment

Your question seems a little confusing.

I am pretty sure that the hole for the number plate holder is not suppose to be there. When I removed mine and mounted my plates on the lower grill part I noticed that the Honda dealer was clever enough to not drill a hole in the front bumper.
          That hole you are talking about is most probably there because the honda dealer drilled a hole to secure the number plate bracket. If you order a new front bar it should not be there.

I hope this information helps
          Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
          "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
          sigpic
          itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
          send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post

I am pretty sure that the hole for the number plate holder is not suppose to be there. When I removed mine and mounted my plates on the lower grill part I noticed that the Honda dealer was clever enough to not drill a hole in the front bumper.
            That hole you are talking about is most probably there because the honda dealer drilled a hole to secure the number plate bracket. If you order a new front bar it should not be there.

it is definately there if you get the 2005+ front bar.

Comment

My 05 front bar doesn't have it.
              I remember a thread about this ages ago. Some had it others didn't.

edit: This was the bracket on mine. I think there is also another type that you could be talking about?
              Before:

After:
              Last edited by daz; 06-03-09, 05:58 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post

DAZ is 100% correct.
                No hole on mine
                I brought mine new.
                The dealer didn't even fit the front plate on mine, because i told him how piss off i would get. lol

Comment

Originally posted by maracer View Post
                  DAZ is 100% correct.
                  No hole on mine
                  I brought mine new.
                  The dealer didn't even fit the front plate on mine, because i told him how piss off i would get. lol
                  I bought mine brand new and there was no hole either (05 model)

But for some reason if you buy a new bumper, it comes with a hole.

Comment

Originally posted by 05dc5S View Post

That clears things up a bit
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 05dc5S View Post

ahhh makes sense

Comment

Thanks guys.

I finally sorted this thing out. The repairer called up Honda did a check against the serial number on my bumper, it appears that my bumper was a Japanese import bumper hence it doesn't have a hole. It also appears that only the 2004 Type S came with the Jap imported bumper (i.e. non-hole), 2005 + are the Australian bumper hence there a hole (I was told this by the repairer which Honda Australia advised him, so please don't flame me if I’m wrong)
                        Anyway, since my old bumper was a Jap import, and Honda Australia no longer import them any more, I have to no choice but to go a head with the holed bumper. Fortunately, the repairer said they can fill in the hole for me, so I’m happy with it...
                        Hopefully I getting my car back this Thursday, so I can show you guys my new bumper.

Comment

Got my car back now, and new bumper installed.
                          tried to add pic, but couldn't work it out.

Comment

Use this

http://imageshack.us/

Comment

i saw other members were able to post picture directly on their post. Any ideas how to do it?

Comment

Working...
                              X