couple of questions .. regarding paintjob + cai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couple of questions .. regarding paintjob + cai

when someone says they've had their car resprayed, does it mean they've done the insides as well as the outsides. what i mean is like .. everything inside (carpet, seats, etc) was stripped before painting all the metalworks of the car? or does it just mean the exteriors were sprayed over, so if there was a change in colour, when u open the door, the door sill will be the old colour? hope thats not too confusing ..

and just to not start a new thread, im thinking of getting an injen cai (my dc5r is pretty much bone stock). will i have to remove one of the brake ducts, and will that cause any changes for normal street driving? and what are the chances of hydrolocking in melbourne during the wet weathers of winter? from what ive been searching/looking up, im guessing its slim to none, but i just need some peace of mind.

thanks in advance
    Last edited by illuzi0nz; 03-03-09, 09:53 PM.

Paint jobs vary, but generally if people are doing a colour change they will at least do the door jambs. A normal respray won't involve taking the car back to bare metal, that is generally reserved for restorations and rust repairs. Doing the engine bay and all the interior involve stripping the car to a rolling shell so it is much more work and hence done much less often.

To fit an Injen intake you will need to remove your passenger side brake duct, and modify your passenger side fenderliner slightly. You won't notice the lack of the brake duct on the street, and you would have to be a good driver to be able to tell the difference on track. You are correct that the chances of hydrolocking do exist but the chances are indeed very slim.

Comment

Hey dude,
      I have an injen CAI on my dc5r. Street is piss, you wont be able to tell shit (except for that very loud vtec noise). I have tracked my car with it, but i cant tell u if there is a difference because i didnt track it before i got the intake.
      I seriously doubt it would make a noticeable difference as stock pads melt away regardless pretty easily. it might help cool the rotors down a little quicker, but think about all the cars which dont have these air ducts and still are able to race.
      sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

If you see a deep puddle and can't avoid it, what you do is get off the accelerator when you drive through it.
        I have had mine for 2 years and its been fine (been through some very deep puddles and heavy rain).
        The dc5s doesn't even have those brake ducts so you will be fine
        Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
        "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
        sigpic
        itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
        send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Working...
        X