Going From Power Fc Back To Stock Ecu??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going From Power Fc Back To Stock Ecu??

hey everyone, as the title shows im taking off my power FC and putting the stock dc2r ecu on..

will i need the car retuned for stock?? eg throttle and idol solonoid retuned and all thoes sorts of things??

and what about my adjustable cam gears? must they be removed from the car or can i just tune them back 2 0degrees and run it stock??

Nothing needs to be done as you can't retune the stock ECU anyways. Just plug the stock ECU in and you're done.

What setting is the cam gear on now? If it's on zero then nothing needs to be done with it as well.

Edit: Just searched the forum, your cam gears are set at zero as it should be with stock cams so nothing needs to be done there BTW... those cam gears are just for bling, doesnt do anything extra for your car so might as well sell them and put some stock ones in
    Last edited by RichyR; 26-02-09, 07:18 PM.
    CARSFORHOPE

Comment

Why are you taking out the PFC if you aren't taking of the other mods, eg. Cam Gears.?

Quote:
      Originally Posted by justinfox
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

just sell off your power fc and get hondata works heaps better. but like richy was saying just set them to 0 and you should be fine. the cam timing on b series motors are pretty crap compared to k series motors
        "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

I'm looking for a power fc for a b18c series. If you do proceed and haven't promised it elsewhere....

(Why the power fc - my local tuner is very used to them, so I'll go with what he knows.)

Comment

that sucks if he's just limited to knowing how to use that. but i guess if he's specializing using the power fc then you should be doing alright.
            "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

Not limited to - his offsider in the shop runs a very fast eg with a microtech which I assume they tuned, he recently did a vafc piggyback for me as an interim, and he's done a south african ecu recently as well which was totally new to him.

I just think if the tuner is comfortable with and recommends a particular ecu for your set-up and objectives you go with that; or you change tuners. Perth plus honda plus na means there are limits to who can tune the car. We do have a hondata shop here now, but I like the prospect of doing tweaks myself. And a tuner can tell me where and where not to tweak like that when they know the product, and what else works with the ecu in the total package.

Comment

does he use a laptop or the hand controller to tune it?
                ... retired/

Comment

most fuel mapping and ignition timing tables are close to being the same on stand alone systems and piggyback systems.
                  "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

Working...
                  X