Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with HKS Hypermax II Coilover

Hi All,

A few of my friends and I have attempted to install the coilovers last weekend on my DC5S. We managed to get the front ones fitted. When it came to the rears, we found one piece broke off as shown in the first pic (apologies for the quality of the pics hehe).

The thread had snapped and I can't screw the pieces together. We noticed this whilst we were fitting the coilover in.

The red circle in the second pic shows where the piece is inserted. We didn't see any leaks when it happened. What's meant to be inside it? Liquid? Gas?

Would it make this rear coilover a dud? Would anyone know where I can get a replacement? Probably have to shop around but would like to know if any knows a place where I can get it.

Thanks in advance.

fark.

that is where the gas goes...

need better pics to see whether it is repairable...
    ... retired/

Comment

Oof. That's no good.
      I'll try and get better pics. Was using the camera on my mobile phone.

Thanks for the reply Dave.

Comment

Hmmm...as tink says, thats the gas refill valve.
        If the thread isn't broken or stripped, you could potentially get a replacement.
        I'm not sure about Australia, or who can fix HKS shocks but I know the SEA agent is
        http://www.hks-garager.com.sg/
        MFactory Performance Products

Follow my journey to Superlap at: http://nextstopsuperlap.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Thanks e240!
          The thread appears to be broken. I'll try to get better pics over the weekends.

Comment

You may be able to have it helicoiled, if not, id say a new shock opposed to a new body from hks or its on sellers would be easier.

How did it happen?

Comment

I'm not sure Slaz. It might have been knocked when we were trying to insert the rear. I had a friend look at it and the bolt is unrepairable.

Probably look to find a replacement or would it be best to get a new set of rears (if they happen to sell the rears separately)?

Comment

If its alloy, its repairable.

Pull the shock down or have it pulled down by a pro, and you could weld, drill, tap, re anodise the body and i would say it would still be cheaper then buying a single one if thats even possible.

Call some of the better shops like heasman's ( not sure if spelling is correct ) or even DMS, although they dont handle hks, they mave be or know of the right person for the job.

Comment

Working...
                X