Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which fuse for cluster light?

Hi
    My cluster light isn't working so i can't see how fast i'm going at night and i just realized my center console light, the air con/heater lights arn't working too. (The one to press to adjust face, face and foot, rear window heater to remove fog.)

I took the fuse cover off and looked behind it but i'm not sure which one is related to my problems.

By the way its a dc2r and all other lights are working fine including deck and cigarette lighter.

Yeah this happens to me sometimes, looks for the fuse that has "cluster/taillight/centre lights etc." next to it, it's a 10amp fuse if I remember correctly.

I believe it's the 5th fuse from the bottom on the right side, there should be an empty fuse slot just after it.

Oh yeah and btw, also means ur taillights aren't working so its quite dangerous at night.

Comment

Originally posted by geeang View Post
      Yeah this happens to me sometimes, looks for the fuse that has "cluster/taillight/centre lights etc." next to it, it's a 10amp fuse if I remember correctly.

I believe it's the 5th fuse from the bottom on the right side, there should be an empty fuse slot just after it.

Oh yeah and btw, also means ur taillights aren't working so its quite dangerous at night.
      my taillight and parker light are working fine, i was told the parker and tail light were on the same fuse, but both parker and tail light are working fine, just except the console lights and cluster light

Comment

i have a similar problem...
        the right side of the centre lights (AC, face, feet, etc.) is gone, but the left side of it is still on... maybe the first 2 on the left only... i didn't think about the fuse, but then i'm thinking the whole strip would be gone, not just the right side...

if its not the fuse and its the actual bulb behind it, how do u replace it?

Comment

Originally posted by TanK View Post
          my taillight and parker light are working fine, i was told the parker and tail light were on the same fuse, but both parker and tail light are working fine, just except the console lights and cluster light
          Yeah probably just the cluster etc. fuse, should be a 10amp, just look on the back of the flip panel and it will show you where it is.

Originally posted by rayDC2R View Post
          i have a similar problem...
          the right side of the centre lights (AC, face, feet, etc.) is gone, but the left side of it is still on... maybe the first 2 on the left only... i didn't think about the fuse, but then i'm thinking the whole strip would be gone, not just the right side...

if its not the fuse and its the actual bulb behind it, how do u replace it?
          In your case just sounds like a blown lightbulb, use the following procedure to replace:
          - undo 2 screws on the plastic surround above the cluster and pull it off
          - under 2 screws on the sides and 1 screw above the cluster that are holding it in
          - pull cluster out halfway, disconnect the plugs and pull cluster out completely
          - you'll see black switch-looking things, just twist and pull to check for burnt/blown bulbs
          - pull the burnt/blown bulb out of the black switch-looking thing and put a new bulb back in making sure the terminals have good contact

- reinstall everything in reverse order and should be good to go

Comment

Yeah probably just the cluster etc. fuse, should be a 10amp, just look on the back of the flip panel and it will show you where it is.

In your case just sounds like a blown lightbulb, use the following procedure to replace:
            - undo 2 screws on the plastic surround above the cluster and pull it off
            - under 2 screws on the sides and 1 screw above the cluster that are holding it in
            - pull cluster out halfway, disconnect the plugs and pull cluster out completely
            - you'll see black switch-looking things, just twist and pull to check for burnt/blown bulbs
            - pull the burnt/blown bulb out of the black switch-looking thing and put a new bulb back in making sure the terminals have good contact

- reinstall everything in reverse order and should be good to go
            Which one should i look at? i took out the instrument light one, but its not blown which was 7.5 amp, im not too sure which fuse. It can't be clock, radio, cig lighter, tail light etc as they are working fine.

Comment

Is it L H/L HIGH BEAM? that the fifth one from the bottom of the right side and that is 10 amp fuse

Comment

LOL jason gg.

Comment

Originally posted by TanK View Post
                  Which one should i look at? i took out the instrument light one, but its not blown which was 7.5 amp, im not too sure which fuse. It can't be clock, radio, cig lighter, tail light etc as they are working fine.
                  if none of the fuses are blown, it is obvious that it is not a blown fuse that is the problem.
                  ... retired/

Comment

what could it be then?

Comment

does your clock work?

the clock is on the same fuse (fuse 30) as the dash lights...
                      ... retired/

Comment

yep my clock works, only the center console lights and dash light don't work

Comment

Working...
                        X