DC5R Exhaust mods...Help Pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R Exhaust mods...Help Pls

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Just got a DC5R 2 months ago and started tuning..

I got a Buddyclub Pro Spec exhaust and Greddy air filter from a friend who's selling his DC5R(For $600 installed..)yesterday. He told me that I can get 30KW out of it...but after installation i pulled it out for test drive and didn't feel much difference...or maybe, no difference at all... And when I turn off the car I heard something tickling underneath my car (like a clock needle...tickles twice every second..)

Can anyone here tell me why it turned out so disappointing...Is it bcos I'm not doing the proper mods on it? Or do I have to get any other things to be done to feel the power increase?

Thanx to everyone who replys..

Originally posted by jac9meo View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new here. Just got a DC5R 2 months ago and started tuning..

I got a Buddyclub Pro Spec exhaust and Greddy air filter from a friend who's selling his DC5R(For $600 installed..)yesterday. He told me that I can get 30KW out of it...but after installation i pulled it out for test drive and didn't feel much difference...or maybe, no difference at all... And when I turn off the car I heard something tickling underneath my car (like a clock needle...tickles twice every second..)

Can anyone here tell me why it turned out so disappointing...Is it bcos I'm not doing the proper mods on it? Or do I have to get any other things to be done to feel the power increase?

Thanx to everyone who replys..
    Well you’re off to a bad start, but I think you know that already.
    The exhaust you have is pretty ordinary as far as performance goes.
    You would be lucky to see 3~4kw let alone 30…
    Do despair, they very best of cat back’s on their own will only net 6~7kw at best
    The Greddy air filter is also a waste of time offering no benefit over stock.

The ticking is your new, thin exhaust…It’s just cooling down…

If you want to see a gain from an intake to the std throttle & manifold,
    Use GruppeM, Injen or AEM…. The J’s Racing intake looks like it will work too.
    Most of the others are just smoke & mirrors... & a lot of noise.

If you want noticeable gains from the exhaust,
    Use a good matching header & cat back system.

For a roadie, your next step aught to be flywheel & clutch.
    Add a Hondata to this & done right, intake, header, exhaust, ECU, you’ll see a 30kw gain at the wheels.
    You’ll want to shop smart if you’re going to do it on the cheap with 2nd hand parts.
    Not everything available on the market is nearly as good as it pretends to be.

& stay away from Gymic products...
    Magic gaskets, super earthing bullshit kits etc etc
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - TODA Power - FIGHTEX
    Official Australian Distributors
    Engine Building / Dyno tuning / Licenced Mechanical Workshop

Email: toda@todaracing.com.au

M-Factory - HALTECH - Hondata - EXEDY - WORK - Supertech - Crower

Comment

hmmm, the "butt dyno" is highly inaccurate, but since you describe little to no gain, you need to consider what you actually changed.

just changing to a slightly bigger exhaust and the air filter - not much *really* changed... so you only made very small modifications - worth very few kW in difference...

basically you need to do a lot more in a NA car to get big change like 30kW gains...

read what TODA said, he is pretty true that you need I/H/E + ECU to see 30kW, and the parts need to be high quality and no gimmicks!

how much advice do you want??? - guys on here have done it all and know what works,
      ... retired/

Comment

BTW - welcome to CITR
        ... retired/

Comment

+1 to you needing better quality parts. You need Gruppe M, Injen or similar intake, ECU, a quality exhaust manifold (Toda, SSR) with a good cat, and a good catback with a diameter of more than 60mm if possible. All those mods should get you close to 20-30kW at the wheels depending on the dyno.

Comment

thanks toToda AU,tinkerbell and ChargeR for your reply... i was basically in dream b4 and u guys came and woke me up lol...
            actually i was not expecting 20kw when my friends said that 2 me..but at least i expected some 'change' and it turned out to be disappointiment. maybe i've already had a few KWs added but I just didn't notice...hopefully.
            thanks for your suggestion, my next move will probably be getting air intake, (GruppeM or Injen) and fuel injector as u guys suggested..
            i'll leave other mods like ecu, manifold etc to next month or later as i need to save money lol...
            btw, i'm in melbourne..u guys know anywhere (pro in honda cars)that i can get a handsome job done?
            i'm quite new to dc5s.. point me the way pls lol...appreciate ur replies...

Comment

Get a new friend...

...and listen to the guys who posted above me

Btw, welcome to the Melbourne crew! Hope to see you out on some of the meets that we partake in.

As for workshops who can do a 'handsome' job, most of us here only trust Techsports in Bayswater to touch ours cars because of their impeccable customer service, efficiency and professionalism. What exactly did you need done?
              Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
                Get a new friend...

...and listen to the guys who posted above me

Btw, welcome to the Melbourne crew! Hope to see you out on some of the meets that we partake in.

As for workshops who can do a 'handsome' job, most of us here only trust Techsports in Bayswater to touch ours cars because of their impeccable customer service, efficiency and professionalism. What exactly did you need done?
                thanks mate..i'm happy to join the next meet and when is it?
                i will do the mods step by step..at this stage, first would be air intake and fuel injector stuff..

Comment

and fuel injector as u guys suggested..
                  no one would have suggested fuel injectors...

only ECU - the Engine Control Unit (computer)

you can get re-programmable ECU's (like Hondata) that allow you to tune in more power by changing the fuel and ignition timing settings, but you need to do this on a dyno to get it to work...
                  ... retired/

Comment

get headers and a hondata k-pro

Comment

Welcome to Clubitr and you are a very lucky guy........Adrain [Toda Au], Dave [Tinkerbell], Tom [ChargeR] and Michael [Mugsee]....they know a lot about our car and sure they can provide a lot of valuable information in regards to Parts, Specs and Price.
                      Like all of them mention you should carefully choose good quality parts in order to achieve max power gain. Choose your parts wisely and be careful when you spend Ur hard earn $$.......Hope to see you in our next Melb crew meet......
                      Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                      1)ブレーキを踏む
                      2)クラッチを切る
                      3)シフトダウンしなから、
                        アクセルをぶかす
                      4)クラッチをつなぐ
                      :blah:
                      インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                      人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

go for a complete TODA header + cat-back exhaust. great gains!

Comment

Guys, is it worth getting a K&N filter?? (I was about to buy injen intake but then an opportunity to buy a K&N at a much lesser price came up...)any improvements besides being "louder"?? Much appreciated

Comment

i believe the injen comes with a k&n filter. DO not bother with just a filter, such a waste of money.
                            sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

sorry i think it was K&N intake not just filter

Comment

Working...
                              X