Cleaning & Oiling Mugen Intake Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning & Oiling Mugen Intake Filter

Having owned my Mugen Intake for about 7 months now i think it might be time to clean and oil the filter soon.

How do i do it and what do i use? I heard its a K&N filter so do i just use a K&N filter clean and oil kit that i can get from repco/autobarn?

Also, any tips on how to and how not to do this?

Thanks

if it is a cotton gauze type - it is easy,

use the K&N kit... tap gently to get the dust/bugs out, spray with the cleaner bottle, let it work through, then wash it out from the inside with tap water.

shake it dry - then let it air dry for ages (overnight for example), then spray on the new oil - but not too much!
    ... retired/

Comment

please do post pic how dirty the filter is after 7 months, i had mine for almost 2 years or 20kKMs now.

Comment

7 months only? I'm also curious to see pics...
        I was always told that these are maintenance free and I've had mine for a few years without cleaning it...

Comment

Originally posted by rayDC2R View Post
          7 months only? I'm also curious to see pics...
          I was always told that these are maintenance free and I've had mine for a few years without cleaning it...
          Never seen a vacuum that doesn't need emptying.

Comment

i assume stock filter is replaced once per year so since mugen is a little more sporty might need some more TLC..

will see.. i'll take some pics when i get some time. in no rush..

Comment

Working...
            X