Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn.....

Sorry to hear steve.

My mirage is still driven around with worn wear bearing after a couple of years........hmmmmm

Well even if you can't get your QF replaced, thankfully most of the stuff got covered under insurance.

Could of been worse.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Make sure your suspension arms are OK.

The way it happened, sounds like you should get them checked too.

Comment

did you end up taking the photos as per first post.

if so, do u mind posting them?

Comment

Originally posted by deceivin View Post
          did you end up taking the photos as per first post.

if so, do u mind posting them?
          I havnt had the chance to go out and see the car TBH.

Been a busy month..

Pick it up Friday afternoon - completely repaired, however ive had to sacrafice 2 of my BC QF's for SF's as the 16x7 QF are unobtainable anymore..

Comment

Got the car back on Friday - pretty happy with their work.

Unfortunately though, the place (AAMI approved repairer) that put my new tyre on one of the rims forgot to put any air in the tyre. I noticed the car pulling badly to one side and not driving properly.

I got out and found the front left tyre completely flat.

I was driving on the freeway when i found this out aswell.

Comment

damn... is the tyre ok??
              http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

Seems to be.. No issues as of yet.

Comment

AAMI approved repairer FTL?

tell them, as driving on a flat tyre can damage the side wall, leading to blow-outs...
                  ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                    AAMI approved repairer FTL?

tell them, as driving on a flat tyre can damage the side wall, leading to blow-outs...
                    Its not that, its the fact that after having my car gone for a while - something like thi could have ended very badly. I mean come on, not putting any air in the tyre?

Comment

exactly, might mean that the AAMI approved repairer is reconsidered as an approved repairer...
                      ... retired/

Comment

Just an update on wheel bearings.

Had both my front ones changes last week after grinding noises from front left.

My bearing wore so badly that it was actually wore out the hub.

Needed a new hub from Honda also which added to the cost.

Seem like this problem escalates with kilometers on the car coupled with spirited driving.
                        "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

how loud are the grinding noises?
                          are they really apparant? I just ask because dc2r's are quite nosiy with a few random noises here and there anyway.

Comment

Just got mine replaced too.

Originally posted by ChargeR
                            Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

You will know if a bearing is gone ... Its a metal on metal sound, no mistaking it.

Comment

oooh yeah had this happen to me when i was 17 and at 3am on way home from a party with two (!!) girls with me.. in the rain. Wheel bearing had been on way out for at least 6 months and prob a few thousand KMs when the girl was driving my car cause i had been drinking and she's like "it's starting to pull to the left hey!". I took over driving and then a few minutes later we were overtaken by my front left wheel !! the bearing had welded itself together and into the hub and snapped everything off in one hit !! driving along on the brake rotor FTL !! lesson learned though.

Originally posted by c01567 View Post
                                how loud are the grinding noises?
                                are they really apparant? I just ask because dc2r's are quite nosiy with a few random noises here and there anyway.
                                the grinding noises are pretty loud and I could feel the vibration through the floor of the car etc. it gets progressivelyt worse and worse untill it snaps off HAHA.
                                Gaijin-Garage.com 外人 ガレージ SPOON SPORTS AUTHORISED DEALER

Comment

Working...
                                X