No announcement yet.

Why you should take wheel bearing issues seriously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^I have claimed through them before, and was impressed with the body repairer!

lukits - i am very pleased with AAMI, and always have been. I would recommend them!

Comment

Update:

I wasnt home this morning, but they called my mum and explained that the suspension is being replaced..

This concerned me - because I have Monoflex coilovers.. And am sure you can't just buy one of the shocks.

Either way, ill need to get in touch the mechanic.

The damage so far is as follows:

$3000 in parts
      $1100 in labour.

The car hasnt even hit the bodyshop yet =\

Comment

Hmm that is concerning. I would have though it would be quite difficult to damage the coilover on a double wishbone honda.

Good luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
          Hmm that is concerning. I would have though it would be quite difficult to damage the coilover on a double wishbone honda.

Good luck with it.
          Exactly my point.

I need to get in contact TOMORROW with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post

Not only can they not source my sumitomo tyre in Australia, but 16x7 +42 P1 QF's arnt made anymore, only the SF's.
            Sumitomo are not doing so well at the moment. They have withdrawn all facets of their business in Australia. Tyres, Summit Leasing and Finance.

Take some pics of the "full suspension damage". I find it really hard to believe that the coilover needs replacing on a double wishbone setup.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
              Sumitomo are not doing so well at the moment. They have withdrawn all facets of their business in Australia. Tyres, Summit Leasing and Finance.

Take some pics of the "full suspension damage". I find it really hard to believe that the coilover needs replacing on a double wishbone setup.

Its not that Sam..

If they replace my Mono's with Mono's i woudn't complain.. But they arnt insured on the car - which why im curious to why they would change anything suspension related when they are obviously aftermarket.

Hopefully there was a miss communication - will keep you posted.

Comment

good luck with all mate nad let us know how ya go! im insured with aami so would love to know how they deal with everything!
                FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                  Grinding or friction noise coming from wheel. Very distinctive. Sounds much like a brake wear indicator but all the time You'll also get higher than usual heat around the wheel due to increased friction.
                  Does this mean, i can jack up my car and rotate the wheel, if there's a brake wear indicator type of noise, i should get be concern?? And how much would it normally cost to fix a wheel bearing issue as i think i have heard similar noise when driving near a carpark wall....
                  For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

bearing = about 80 bucks + labour, maybe 1-2 hours...

i DIY'd mine, but you need a press and an bearing separator...
                    ... retired/

Comment

Its not that Sam..

If they replace my Mono's with Mono's i woudn't complain.. But they arnt insured on the car - which why im curious to why they would change anything suspension related when they are obviously aftermarket.

Hopefully there was a miss communication - will keep you posted.
                      well... there are a couple of things here, and the good news is that they havent refused your claim thus far, since they have noted you have a modification there that they dont know about...

if they cannot find the part to replace, they will pay you out market rate for what that part would be (i would asume second hand a they dont replace anything with new parts at AAMI), and it will be up to you to make up the difference.

They may not even let you take the old part f they deem it to be unsafe?

Let us know how you go Steve

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                        bearing = about 80 bucks + labour, maybe 1-2 hours...

i DIY'd mine, but you need a press and an bearing separator...
                        or if you don't have a press and you want to ghetto it. use a large socket and hammer will get it out. But you have to be carful installing the new one and use a block of wood. Thats a last resort if your tight on cash and no press around.
                        "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zilli View Post
                          well... there are a couple of things here, and the good news is that they havent refused your claim thus far, since they have noted you have a modification there that they dont know about...

if they cannot find the part to replace, they will pay you out market rate for what that part would be (i would asume second hand a they dont replace anything with new parts at AAMI), and it will be up to you to make up the difference.

They may not even let you take the old part f they deem it to be unsafe?

Let us know how you go Steve

Ah ok, good info! Thanks!

Comment

Update:

AAMI has still been great, however we;ve hit a dillemma.

My rims (Buddyclub P1 QF in 16x7) isnt made anymore. Yonas has looked into it and they cant be sourced.

So now its looking like ill have 3 QF's and 1 SF..

Comment

Update:

AAMI has still been great, however we;ve hit a dillemma.

My rims (Buddyclub P1 QF in 16x7) isnt made anymore. Yonas has looked into it and they cant be sourced.

So now its looking like ill have 3 QF's and 1 SF..

Surely they will reimburse you the value of the wheel? In that case you could at least get 2 SFs so that you don't have uneven suspension performance on one side of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                                Surely they will reimburse you the value of the wheel? In that case you could at least get 2 SFs so that you don't have uneven suspension performance on one side of the car.
                                Thats what im going to try for..

I loved my QF's

Comment

Working...
                                X