turn key, no ignition??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turn key, no ignition??

hey guys came across a werid problem today. was on a slant hill and basically had my key in the car. turned it...nothing ?? i pulled the key out and re-tried and it was fine...

then same thing happened again. turned it and held it there nothing.....but after like 3seconds the car started.

what could be the problem?? immoboliser? hondata ecu ?
    19,000 rpm still going

My car has done this randomly also. My guess was also the immobiliser in the key, but then I thought that if it was that it would probably crank but not start...

I just turned the ignition all the way off then start again, and all is happy....
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

could be your starter motor going..

Does the key immboliser kill starter? The mitsi ones kill fuel...

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

It's not the starter motor in my case, because if you just keep trying to turn the key to "start" without turning it off fully, you get no cranking at all. Once you turn the key off completely, then restart, it works. It must be something in the ignition barrel or something to do with the key immobiliser IMO...
        | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

well this happened once "i turned the key full and it would just crank but doenst start...."

rest of the time it was all sweet, i just reinserted the key and tried again. it started no problems.
          19,000 rpm still going

Comment

spark plugs or plug cable fried ?

Comment

Working...
            X