DC5R tie end rods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R tie end rods?

hey guys, ever sinced i changed to coilovers i've been getting a creaking sound from that area and today i went to get my car serviced and the guys there noticed the creaking sound also and he suggested that i get inverted tie end rods i think they are called. i just wanted to get some more opionions on whether this will eliminate the creaking problem or is there other ways to deal with this issue and also where i could get some in?

cheers

top fuel/zero 1000 makes them dude, like $400 or something from 999 automotive in brisbane they charge way less for cash, if not in bris im sure ur local tuner could contact them in order to source them

Comment

What type of coilovers are you using. Do you get it all the time or only at certain times i.e cornering or over speed humps?
      It could also be a steering rack issue or something to do with the coilovers.
      Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
      "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
      sigpic
      itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
      send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

im using buddy club n+ and the creaks only happen when i go over something for example a drive way or a speed hump

Comment

how low did you go man? i've not long put in the same coils and have no such noises. i only dropped 35mm though. the noise is only from the front i take it since the tie rod question?
          02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

hrmm its pretty low like 1 finger gap on the stock 16" rims. yeah the noise is from the front only

Comment

I'm on the lowest at the front and rears on buddyclub n+ and only my rears make noises, I was told it's normal.

Comment

His suggestion to get inverted tie rods ends shouldn't be based on spring noise. Tie rods have nothing to do with the noise. It's not uncommon to get spring "twang" from coilovers. There's nothing to fear.

I can't comment on whether you need inverted tie rods as I've never seen BC N+ fitted to a DC5 before.

Comment

Working...
                X