Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Pump & Oil Pump diagrams

Hi there.

I am just wondering if anyone has access to diagrams of the b18c Type R Water Pump and Oil Pump.

My motor is about 165,000k's old now and in the near future, I plan on tracking the car...I would like to undertake a major service and get the car ready in order to avoid disaster.

I have a few questions to go with my request.

Would it be necessary to replace the whole pump unit (water/oil) or can they simply be reconditioned?

If so, if someone supplying the diagrams were able to also provide part numbers for the parts requiring replacement (spring mechanism and rotors in the oil pump for example).

Furthermore, if reconditioning the parts was in fact an option, what parts specifically would need replacement?...(ie, spring & rotors mentioned above)

Apart from these items listed, new gaskets and timing belt, and of course the usual service items, what else would be recommended on a major service like this?

As you may appreciate, I have a type r converted civic, so I don't have a service manual to go by.

Thanks

Michael

I would buy both new from honda, but if you feel you need a little extra I would buy the toda oil pump gear http://http://todaracingusa.com/cate...4&cid=27&id=63
    "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

buy new ones, you cant recondition the honda ones any better than they can be made by Honda.

200ish for the water pump and 300ish for the oil pump...

then 80ish for the timing belt, 60 for the tensioner (and 280ish for the top end gasket kit if you want to replace the rocker cover gasket, spark plug gasket and other stuff...)

the manuals for your car are here:

http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/

engine = Acura Integra (98-01) Service Manual
      ... retired/

Comment

stock is the way to go if it is just a stock rebuild but if your planning on doing some heavy tracking I would run a modified oil pump so there can be adequate lubrication. how much are you planning to mod your car? there are some companies that modify honda oil pumps that works better than stock. check out this site. www.theoldone.com he has a review somewhere on his modified pumps. good stuff
        Last edited by DrTran; 28-01-09, 03:47 PM.
        "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.

Yeah I think a stock parts is really only what the budget can afford at the moment. Occasional tracking is more the plan rather then regular meet type of stuff. But who knows, I might get addicted.

Comment

yeah you shouldn't have a problem running stock oil pump then.
            "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

Working...
            X