Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Service

Hey guys,

This my first service on a new car and i've never had a new car before.
    I was just wondering since the first 1000km is free what do they usually do? (check coolant, engine oil, engine is running properly and ect) And what extras can i ask for? (ie Change the engine oil, Transmission oil and ect) Without been charge for it.
    Also I've heard some dealer don't always use genuine Honda product to cut down cost.

Cheers

you need to ask the place that you are taking it to these sort of questions...

you can read your log book to see exactly what they will do as part of the 1000km service.

your log book should be in your glovebox.
    Last edited by tinkerbell; 25-11-08, 02:25 PM.
    ... retired/

Comment

i always thought the 1000 km "service" was just a check-up to make sure everything is good... didn't know they actually change fluids...

my mum is doing hers tomorrow and they said its a very quick job, so i'm thinking they're not going to change a lot of things, if anything at all. maybe engine oil at most? doubt they'd do tranny and all that.

Comment

I always thought the oil used to run in from factory for the first 1000kms was different to what it runs on after?

Quote:
        Originally Posted by justinfox
        You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Should be check all fluids & wear parts + change engine oil & filter.
          If you're lucky, they'll also wash the car.
          Some dealers this is free, some it's not. It should be in your purchase contract anyway.
          Seriously though, don't worry about it.
          Take it back to where you purchased it.
          Get it serviced & relax... Your book is stamped & your 5 year warranty is valid.
          TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
          TODA Racing - TODA Power - FIGHTEX
          Official Australian Distributors
          Engine Building / Dyno tuning / Licenced Mechanical Workshop

Email: toda@todaracing.com.au

M-Factory - HALTECH - Hondata - EXEDY - WORK - Supertech - Crower

Comment

cheers

Comment

Working...
            X