Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5S Tyre Pressure

Hi,

Can any TypeS owner do me a fav, check the driver side door see what's the tyre pressure on stock TypeS wheels? Is it still 220kPa?

I upgraded from 16" Lux wheels to 17" TypeS wheels, not sure if they use the same pressure.

Thanks

Will
    Luxury Integra@ClubITR Drive slow FTW!!! (My Car)

Just checked for ya,
    17’s are still 220kpa

Comment

Originally posted by maracer View Post
      Just checked for ya,
      17’s are still 220kpa
      Thanks mate! All good!

Comment

This will help too
        http://www.csgnetwork.com/presskpapsicvt.html

Comment

despite it saying 32psi is recommended,

many people would say that runing around 35 - 38psi in 17in low profile tyres improves performance - (at the expense of comfort)

this is a trial and error thing to get the performance that your desire...
          ... retired/

Comment

When i got my 17's fitted the guys at Bridgestone recommended a minimum of 36-38.

Comment

Originally posted by maracer View Post
              thanks, it is quite a tidy converter
              ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
                When i got my 17's fitted the guys at Bridgestone recommended a minimum of 36-38.
                what profile and size?
                ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                  what profile and size?
                  215/45/17

Comment

i would think different tires and their manufacturers would recommend different and optimum tyre pressures.

I find 40psi on Federal ss595 is best for 215/45R17
                    i think it could be that this tire's side wall is not as stiff.

Comment

yeah, but tyre manufacturers don’t recommend pressures, car manufacturers do...

and they do so on the basis of a balance between performance, fuel economy and comfort...

that is why it is so arbitrary and that tiral and error is the best way to find "your" optimum...
                      ... retired/

Comment

34psi for me. running re001 215/45/17. btw u live around parra kyo? ive seen ur car around westfields.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                          despite it saying 32psi is recommended,

many people would say that runing around 35 - 38psi in 17in low profile tyres improves performance - (at the expense of comfort)

this is a trial and error thing to get the performance that your desire...
                          I say 40psi for low profile tyres. 32psi is terribly low for any tyre. Underinflated tyres roll around and distort under sideways friction. You get better fuel consumption and tyre wear from higher pressures. There's a common misconception that inflating a tyre to pressures around 40psi will cause excess load. I've inflated tyres to 60psi when fitting them to rims before. SWL for fitting is anywhere up to 75psi.

Comment

Ok, so after reading what people saying, I pumped all four tyres to 38psi (stock is 32psi) today after filling a full tank.
                            As I posted in this thread a while ago, I'm suffering bad fuel economy ever since I upgraded to TypeS wheels.

Maybe I was riding with under-inflated tyre all the time, Let's see how many Km i can get out this one.
                            Last edited by Kyo; 25-11-08, 02:07 PM.

Comment

certainly is a possibility!

pls report back!!!
                              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                              X