Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Fix Scratches Myself

Gday guys.

I was out tonight with some mates. Meet up with a few other mates, some of whom were drunk. One of them decided it was a good idea to belly flop onto my bonnet. Thank christ there arent any dents, i dont know how there arent. However, there are scratches. About 30 cms long, two of them about 5-10 Cms apart. They appear to be only shallow, black scratches on a 1995 N14 Pulsar in White. When I run my finger over them, they cannot be felt, leaving me to deduct that they are deep enough to mark the paint.

are there any cheaper alternatives to fix the problem without paying for a professional job, Despite the fact I wouldnt be paying for it to be fixed, I'd like to spare my mate the bill obviously.

Do not have photos as it happened about an hour ago, and its now 4.30 in the morning.

All reccomendations of products and approaches to the problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much guys.

John

get some cut and polish

Wash the area, apply the cutting compound

Keep using the cutting compound as directed until scratches are gone
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Get the guy that jumped on your bonnet to pay for it... then it'll be his problem.

Comment

thanks for the advice fellas, i went down to supercheap today and bought some Maguires Scratch X and a microfibre cloth. Very quick fix due to the fact they were incredibly shallow and fine scratches.

I would highly recommend Scratch X for shallow scratches.

Thanks Guys

John

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          I would highly recommend Scratch X for shallow scratches.

Thanks Guys

John
          Its only good for shallow scratches. if you can feel the scratch, u need to cut n polish as a minimum.
          2004 Integra DC5 Luxury Alabaster/Satin Silver

Comment

yeah, i dont think it would shift more than a shallow scratch, or even marks that are put on the paint due to surfaces rubbing.

However, for those shallow scratches, its certainly worth the effort, and money, and is a hell of alot cheaper than having it professionally dealt with.

John

Comment

I have scratch X at home, tried it on what i thought to be a shallow scratch and had no luck

Looks like i need a proper cutting compound. One that removes swirls as well!
              sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                I have scratch X at home, tried it on what i thought to be a shallow scratch and had no luck

Looks like i need a proper cutting compound. One that removes swirls as well!
                Bugger, im sorry to hear that, I think i was really really lucky that the scratch wasnt bad and there were no dents from where my mate belly flopped onto my bonnet.

Comment

Working...
                X