Clear All

headunit

hi guys

im looking for a new headunit for my mum's soarer

her stock one has died and looking to replace it

looking to spend max $500

will be using stock speakers etc. no amps subs splits

pref something with an aux input

can you recommend any good ones in this price range.

bit of a noob with this stuff.

thanks
    "as engages in 3rd God himself descends from the heavens and runs behind the car thrusting you forward"

I am not an audio expert....But i don't think it would be worth spending anywhere near $500 on a head unit if you are not even going to upgrade the front speakers.

Might want to look at some of the head units they list in this guide - http://www.fastfoursforumscarclub.co...dios/faq.asp#0
    Last edited by Time; 28-10-08, 09:38 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

hey thanks for that
      great link.
      "as engages in 3rd God himself descends from the heavens and runs behind the car thrusting you forward"

Comment

i swear by alpine, a lot of their feature packed range can be had for a lot less than $400. However most of their aux inputs are for ipods.

excellent sound quaility for the price. ive had about 3 in different cars without 1 presenting a problem.

try a jb hifi, they have walls set up with all functional head units alpine, pioneer, jvc, panasonic, sony
        skinned knuckle racing

Comment

for $500 u can get good Alpine ones.

if u're on a budget, go JVC.

i'd personally get one with USB port and if u have an ipod, direct ipod connection (no need to buy a seperate cable).

always go for features over fancy screen. stuff like 3 preouts are important if you decide to expend your system to amps and sub etc.

Comment

since itll be using stock speakers should i opt for the most powerful wattage?

Comment

how loud is your mum going to crank yanni? lol

most headunits will see about 45-50watts peak through internal mosfet amps so around about 20-25watts rms... this is enough to make stock speakers to distort, crackle and pop
              skinned knuckle racing

Comment

omg, just go to JB hifi and look.

$89 will get u branded HU with AUX.

add around $40 for MP3 capability. simple.

Comment

Sell her your one for $300 and buy yourself a new one !
                  Arguing online is like competing in the Special Olympics.. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Comment

Working...
                  X