Remote Locking problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote Locking problem

Hi guys, i wonder if you audio/alarm guys out there might be able to point me in the right direction for this one.

I used to have an aftermarket alarm installed in my car, but had it removed due to a malfunction. Anyway the problem is now my remote locking wont work. Ive tried doing the transmitter programming to get it working, and it actually works for about 5 seconds after i do the reprogram, however after this period, it doesnt respond at all anymore.

Both my doors and trunk lock fine with the key in the drivers side, and also the transmitter works fine for about 5-10 seconds after i do the reprogram but afterwards it seems to have forgotten i did the reprogram and it wont work anymore, and after doing the reprogram again it works again for 5-10 seconds, and fails after that.

Ive lived with the problem for a few years now just using my key to unlock the car, but would really like to get it fixed. =/ Anyone have car security knowledge that might know why my transmitters arent storing in memory for more than 10 seconds?
    Attached Files
Working...
X