Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R Door lock failure

Hey guys,
    had an issue tonight where my drivers side door wont lock at all, not with the key or myself forcing it or using the remote.
    I did a search on it, i dont think its the actuator because you can usually use the key when its busted.

Any ideas?

Obviously its dark and i wont be checking it out tonight. Bit worried that the door wont lock at all though :/

Lucky its garaged.
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

sounds like what happens when the door isn't shut completely.

Try opening the door and pushing the latch in with your key or something to simulate a closed door and then try to lock it again. if that doesnt work something is probably jammed inside

While you're at it, you might as well push in the door switch and try the remote and listen out for the actuator
    T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

thanks dude, i will try that out. I will also try to disconnect the battery and reconnect it. I had done tht a few times yesterday installing the injen intake. Hopefully i didnt short anything out.

Update, I appears to be the actuator. Drivers side wont respond to the remote, only to the key.

Hope its not that hard on the dc5
      Last edited by Didz; 23-10-08, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
        Hope its not that hard on the dc5
        http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...light=actuator
        T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

mate~~~ur central lock motor fu*ked up
          Last edited by DC5R; 23-10-08, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
            Update, I appears to be the actuator. Drivers side wont respond to the remote, only to the key.
            Yep , youve got to replace your lock actuator.

part will cost you ~180 from honda dealer.

Had to replace mine 5 months ago. find a DIY guide on clubrsx as the DC5R accuator assembly seems a bit different compared to a base model shown in mrthanh's guide.

Comment

thats shit then eh.

Maybe ill just get some from supercheap or whatever. OEM are so overpriced.... WTF at 180 for an actuater

Comment

Working...
              X