car running slower? (dc2r)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
    Sounds to me like all these problems could be due to massive weight gain.

Have you put on any weight recently ?

Perhaps your foot has gotten fatter ?
    hahahahahahaha
    DCIIR

Comment

a bit silly but is your aircon on?

check the air filter to make sure its clean...
      Originally posted by tinkerbell
      if anyone is under the impression VTEC is in any way bad for your engine - please understand that it is NOT bad for your engine,

maybe your drivers licence, but not your engine...

Comment

i not fatter.. nothing heavy in my car. never use aircon. and always put 98 octane. to anyone who's had ELF put in their car through hanny's did they put some bullshit sticker on your engine bay too? im so pissed off about that.. as if put some ugly sticker on someone's car without asking them first what's wrong with them!
        Anyway i've never had ELF oil before.. and i'd know if i had cause they woulda put that sticker on back then. This is the first time i've noticed my actually running worse AFTER a service so oil does make sense to me? maybe my car's not used to the oil change?
        Also i noticed i burn less petrol now. and i've been vtecing it quite alot last night with a friend to come to a certain conclusion that the car is being sluggish. also the air was colder last night so i dont think weather's playing a part in it for me.

Tink how does one reset ECU and timing??

-Cheers

Comment

they move teh distributor to factory settings,

yours may have been advanced beyond this setting to make it faster... hannys might have put it back to stock...

and *maybe* call hannys and ask them!!! why is my car slower?
          ... retired/

Comment

LOL @ getting mad about putting an ELF sticker in the engine bay... dude if its a big problem, its only a sticker... you can actually peel it off.

Elf is a well known brand for lubricants so you can't complain about that. I get mine serviced at Hanny's and they use the same oil in mine too.

Also, I've noticed they're using Elf 10W 50... so its definitely thicker oil than the OEM Honda oil. Maybe that's why your car feels sluggish? But it shouldn't make that much of a difference though... I just got mine serviced last week with that same oil and my car still feels the same as it did before the service... and all I got done was oil change.

Sounds like you could have a different problem to the oil they used...

p.s I think they put the sticker on so they don't mistake putting a different oil in your next service... that fat dude with the glasses, before they used to put stickers on, put Honda mineral oil in my car after I've been using synthetic for so long... didn't even ask me. Maybe they put the sticker on for him only... hahaha! He's fricken funny eh!
            Last edited by rayDC2R; 15-10-08, 06:10 PM.

Comment

i hear stickers add kw? j/k

but agreed with the new oil more than likly being a different weight than the old one making it feel a little different.

Comment

Yeah the problem i have of calling Hanny's is they close by the time i get home and i can't call during work.

I tried peeling it. came out worse.. so it's gona take more time to get rid of all the crap.

Comment

Working...
                X