Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

issue with exhaust in the wet! help!

hi guys
    i've got a dc5r and have aftermarket exhaust and headers and in the wet (heavy rain) the exhaust knocks around all over the place and lost of power.
    just wondering if anyone is having this issue?

cheers

This is with wheelspin yeah? Your description is poor.

Comment

This issue has been a common thing for DC5's.

There is a long thread about it on Ozhonda and many other DC5/RSX forums.

Solution has yet to be pinned down.

Some believe its heat shield contracting with the cold water some believe its due to the headers cooling down too quickly.

But I know what you are talking about.

Feels like under neath the car is knocking everywhere and when you rev it , theres no power.

Unfortunately its nothing bad to the engine just a weird side affect I have yet to find the solution to.

PS - His description is not poor Sam, you're just clueless to this issue.

Discussed on:

Ozhonda
      http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80848

ClubRSX
      http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=49332
      Last edited by Chi; 13-10-08, 09:28 PM.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
      Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

i use to get the exact same issue with my auto dc5, but i have driven in heavy rain in my TypeS and nothing just yet.

Comment

I've had this happen to me once in my type-s. It was in very heavy rain and I had the accelerator all the way to the floor and the car wasn't going at all. Hasn't happened since then though (over a year ago).....very strange.
          Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
          "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
          sigpic
          itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
          send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
            I've had this happen to me once in my type-s. It was in very heavy rain and I had the accelerator all the way to the floor and the car wasn't going at all. Hasn't happened since then though (over a year ago).....very strange.
            Yeah its a very random thing, I sometimes got it , sometimes didn't.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
            Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

thanks chi for ur info....
              yeah its just annoying...i was thinking it was the aftermarket headers....

Comment

Working...
              X