No announcement yet.

vtec not engaging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I woudnt do an engine swap because your vtec isnt working.. 190,000 is a fair few k's - but still.

Maybe you expected too much from VTEC? It doesnt push you into the backseat, and doesnt munch wrx's... (unless your trev)

Comment

Originally posted by MrThanh View Post
      i recall dave wiring up a vtec indicator led. can't find the post though.
      adam put one in my car before i bought it off him

everybody loves the vtec lights..
      DCIIR

Comment

Originally posted by na-tastic View Post
        haha ill take your word on that. Engine and everything runs him, just doesnt seem to be hitting vtec, still pulls quite hard though.
        I think it is engaging and you're now just used to it. Does the car wheelspin under acceleration in 1st gear high rpm? I remember driving a DC2 when VTEC engages in 1st would really cut loose aggressively.

Comment

well
          considering the engine had done 190 000kms,

im not really expecting the vtec to still be working.

umm should i get a replacement vtec solenoid?
          lol... thats like saying, my car did have 16 valves, now that its 200,000 kays old, it only has 11.
          sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

its also like saying, back when you were 18 years old you can run 100m in 12 secs

would you still be about to run 12secs if you were 36 years old?

Comment

its also like saying, back when you were 18 years old you can run 100m in 12 secs

It is possible.

You can't compare humans to this. There are too many variables (humans are organic for example).

I seriously doubt that vtec is broken on the car. Lack of information tells me this.

The fact that it was stated that the car was cold is a reason of why vtec would not engage.

Comment

If you had a solenoid which activated a differant cam profile and open your valves up wider, then yes.

Comment

loloolol

Comment

but in all seriouness, im taking it to a mech on thursday and let him check out the solenoid and change the oil.

Comment

BTW: when im 36, there would probably be some sort of cybernetic implant to make me run even faster.

Comment

mate, take your airbox cover off, go for a drive once the engine temp gauge shows warm, drive in gear past 6000rpm, if you dont hear a LOUD engine note change, you have a problem, simple, then go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by totti View Post
                          mate, take your airbox cover off, go for a drive once the engine temp gauge shows warm, drive in gear past 6000rpm, if you dont hear a LOUD engine note change, you have a problem, simple, then go from there.

Easy.

And if you prefer your Honda with no vtec crossover, drop a K into it.

*runs*

Comment

Originally posted by totti View Post
                            will do mate, nice dc2 btw,.. mine is red aswell

Comment

LOL don't you mean k20z

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                                LOL don't you mean k20z
                                No he doesn't. Don't take his troll bait. I keep living the dream of "ignore it and it will go away". Here's hoping.

Comment

Working...
                                X