[DC5R] Spoon calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DC5R] Spoon calipers

Hey guys, just wondering will the stock AUDM 16' rims clear the spoon calipers?
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R
    Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
    Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
    Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Yes the will...

...if you use spacers...
    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
      Yes the will...

...if you use spacers...
      what size of the spacer do i need to run it? also Mug, i believe you said you don't find much difference with the endless n stock calipers, have you ever driven a dc5r with the spoon calipers, much difference to the endless ones?

would it be a smarter choice to upgrade slotted discs + brake lines than just calipers? at the moment, i'm running the endless type r pads.
      '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Comment

leon time for new rims

Comment

Originally posted by iversonruls View Post
          leon time for new rims
          i want to stick with stock rims if i can. Because new rims = new rubbers = much cash being spent = unhappy
          '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Comment

Originally posted by Tiu View Post
            i want to stick with stock rims if i can. Because new rims = new rubbers = much cash being spent = unhappy
            Wise choice . A lot of fun can be had on stock rims .

EDIT: To answer your above question upgrading pads, lines and fluid will give you braking performance you are happy with I think. No need for blingy calipers until you are sure of what you are trying to achieve by fitting them.

Comment

i'm currently using harrod brakes which clear the wheels by about 2mm... no spacers needed

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                Wise choice . A lot of fun can be had on stock rims .

EDIT: To answer your above question upgrading pads, lines and fluid will give you braking performance you are happy with I think. No need for blingy calipers until you are sure of what you are trying to achieve by fitting them.
                Then i will start getting some quotes on the disc n lines =) for fluid, i always been using the motul rbf600, they are on track. Looking at the endless stright 6 disc and lines. For Disc, do we need to get the one that fits EP3R? and not DC5R? or jdm's disc is the same as ours?

going back to hk on sunday for a week, so will get some quotes on it then.

Originally posted by mini_s2000 View Post
                i'm currently using harrod brakes which clear the wheels by about 2mm... no spacers needed

How are they compare to stock calipers? Because some say even endless don't feel much difference with stock calipers.
                '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Comment

For Disc, do we need to get the one that fits EP3R? and not DC5R? or jdm's disc is the same as ours?
                  You need ones that will fit EP3R. JDM DC5R rotors will not fit.

Comment

what size of the spacer do i need to run it? also Mug, i believe you said you don't find much difference with the endless n stock calipers, have you ever driven a dc5r with the spoon calipers, much difference to the endless ones?

would it be a smarter choice to upgrade slotted discs + brake lines than just calipers? at the moment, i'm running the endless type r pads.
                    Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                    I've never driven a car with Spoon calipers on them so can't directly compare. I don't think there would be much between the two, pedal feel or even braking ability wise. If you decide to still head down the caliper path, I've read that a +15mm spacer will clear Spoon calipers with stock rims.

Like that guy Charger said, I would upgrade pads, lines and fluid first. I think the stock calipers can take plenty of punishment before you need to start even considering upgraded calipers. Charger's setup is a prime example.
                    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
                      Charger's setup is a prime example.
                      Tom, what u running for brake setup at the moment? How are they for wakie?
                      '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Comment

Tom, what u running for brake setup at the moment? How are they for wakie?
                        My current brake setup is:
                        • Project Mu Level Max 500 Pads
                        • Motul RBF600 Fluid
                        • DBA Slotted Rotors
                        • Braided front brake lines

Last time I was at Wakefield though I was using Level Max 700 pads. I felt that my brakes had good bite and feel, and were very consistent over the course of a session on track. I am not super hard on my brakes though.

Comment

Originally posted by mini_s2000 View Post

i know someone with this setup, i heard its pretty decent

Yours was the limited edition with those brakes yeah? its 3.5k from Harrop Australia to get it fitted otherwise
                          sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                            i know someone with this setup, i heard its pretty decent

Yours was the limited edition with those brakes yeah? its 3.5k from Harrop Australia to get it fitted otherwise
                            They are harrop calipers :P, if i am not mistaken, they came on the ex-honda indy cars, that were sold at the dealerships.

They came with a roll cage, and the harrop calipers.

Comment

yeah i know, limited edition

BTW i am on stock brakes atm dude and after being in chargers car on the track, there is quite a noticeable difference with better pads and fluid. Highly recommended.
                              Last edited by Didz; 09-10-08, 11:10 AM.
                              sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Working...
                              X