Anyone sped up DC2R steering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone sped up DC2R steering?

Has anyone sped up the steering on a DC2R before? anyone know anything about it?

dont you all think the steering is a little slow?

Are you referring to a quick steer mechanism? I'm fitting one to my car. It's actually quite a bit of work getting the couplings and the right length for your steering column.

Comment

i think that is what i mean.. i want to not need to turn the steering wheel as much to make the wheels turn.. i guess that means quicker steering?

is there a bolt in mod that will do the job or is it a hack?

Comment

I was thinking the same thing a while ago!

Is it true that the JDM has a quicker steering rack? The Type R was always praised for its steering. Maybe we have worn bushes? Old shocks?
        "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

i found that when i loiwered my car even on the coils now, it never has the same initial turn in characteristic as it did when it was new... but then ive had it for 9 years now... it could be bushes i suppose... but mines only got 68k kms on it...???

Comment

Adding a quick steer isn't going to help your turn in response. I'd work on bushes, sway bars and alignment settings before doing the mod. It makes the car tricky to drive in a straight line as most are a 2:1 ratio. I would never do it on a street car.

Comment

i just fitted a J's fender brace and noticed that it improved front end "feel"

having progressive steeering is important in a ROAD car... i reckon in race-only cars the quick steer is v.important as you are all harnessed up and shit...

do you run 0 toe at the front?

having some toe-out will certainly liven things up for you
              ... retired/

Comment

1:2 gees

i was hoping for some kit to speed it up by maybe 1:1.1 or 1:1.2

1:2 would be almost like driving a F1 car? LOL

so you recommend the fender brace tinks.. interesting... may try it as it is cheap mod!

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
                  1:2 gees

i was hoping for some kit to speed it up by maybe 1:1.1 or 1:1.2

1:2 would be almost like driving a F1 car? LOL

so you recommend the fender brace tinks.. interesting... may try it as it is cheap mod!

Like Dave said, fender braces create a great turn in feel and are certainly worth the money spent. I'd get those before strut braces. I think alot of people don't do the same because you can't see fender braces.
                  Last edited by m0nty; 03-10-08, 10:01 AM.

Comment

no, not 'recommending' anything,

just pointing out that passive modifications might be better in this case than active ones? particualry since you are jsut after a slight improvement...
                    ... retired/

Comment

With race cars (and non-air bag imports) you can also go with smaller steering wheels as a cheap first step.

There was a place in England years ago (through Demon Tweeks) that offered quick racks for Hondas. But they mainly seemed interested in orders of 10 or more.

Longer steering links are another option but you have to watch the alignment/articulation (can cause bump-steer).
                      Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

Comment

i want faster steering not a change in the turn in or steering feel tinks...

fender braces require taking the fenders off... damn it... what a pain in the ass that is.. ???

Comment

Just read what I posted and I should have put in shorter steering links, not longer.
                          Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

Comment

DC2R already has a quicker rack than Civic etc. I don't know that there is a quicker rack option for our cars....

I do notice how slow the rack is in the DC2R after driving an MX5 or Elise....
                            | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Working...
                            X