DC5R: Rim offset/width question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
    I'll still keep them in mind... but not to keen on running -3' camber on 235/45/17 tyres... sounds expensive, if you know that i mean. That also sounds like it is stretching the tyre over the rim.. is that correct? I'll investigate prices for that size tyre and go from there.

I'd also like to say its good that you all have constructive comments, and didn't just say it was a stupid idea and e-bash me (like that of another all honda forum)
    A 235 will look ever so slightly stretched on a 8.5" rim although it will be less noticable in a performance tyre as these tend to have a larger section width. With -3 camber you can still expect decent tyre wear if you keep your toe at zero and don't do too many skids . Refer to this post for my experiences with tyre wear: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
      A 235 will look ever so slightly stretched on a 8.5" rim although it will be less noticable in a performance tyre as these tend to have a larger section width. With -3 camber you can still expect decent tyre wear if you keep your toe at zero and don't do too many skids . Refer to this post for my experiences with tyre wear: LINK
      Hmm... interesting...

Its people like you ChargeR that are bad for me... you show me that it is feesable to spend my money on my car

Comment

here's something i found that might be useful in your search for rims
        http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...5%2F45+fit+8.5

Comment

Originally posted by tofu View Post
          here's something i found that might be useful in your search for rims
          http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...5%2F45+fit+8.5
          That is a good guide but of you follow the sizes listed in that you will invariably end up with weak offset . The sizes are fairly cautious.

Comment

Working...
          X