No announcement yet.

Dry Sumps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=mugsee;119259]WHAT?!! There is more to life than just mugen? oh noes...

...someone stop mugenbox23 from jumping off the cliff!

QUOTE]

LOL!

it is an awesome car though

I do see what you mean about the cost of the dry sump kit, but massively worth it imo. I mean my engine is already built so i would be shattered if it was to go pop from oil starvation during a long corner... i dont have the money spoon or mugen have to constantly rebuild, pull down, re ring, re hone, swap blocks, after every race.

Yeah i would love to do a review on it once i get it and get it installed. I cant wait really... get some new semis and work my car real good... its just a shame the hot australian summer is upon us... and yeah its good for grip... but fckin hell on engines.

in the mean time, ill do a review on my car as a whole, a mod blog, like mugsee and charger, as it has undergone heavy modification to this day.

i love being paid to waste time at work lol
    skinned knuckle racing

Comment

the oiling problems with the k20 is to do with oil pressure to the head... you guys know that it there is only about 10% of your oil pressure is going to the head off vtec... the oil pump will "supercharge" your oil and when the vtc actuator is engaged will push all the oil to the head which is awesome on stock cams.

with big fkc off toda spec c cams and heavy valve springs this 10% oil pressure is just not enough

so the acutator, correct me if im wrong, will feed oil during times of starvation? or all the time? im not too familiar with them?!
      skinned knuckle racing

Comment

Never looked into the oil actuator but all i know it supplies constant oil pressure.
        BYP Racing & Developments
        Built. Tuned. Driven
        Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Good read. The dry sump also frees up some resistance from the crankshaft by not having to be in and out of oil all the time as it rotates. It also enables the engine to have a lower centre of gravity which can have a positive effect on performance
          sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Definitely look at moroso dry sumps --- serious kit.

Comment

moroso have some pretty decent oil pans floating around, and i think in the us they will make a custom k20 pan for you... if you want serious kit look into peterson pumps/ tanks... a pump can run you over $7000 for their top of the line 5 stage, and is used a hell of a lot in nascar....

man im excited, i cant wait till my sump gets here.
              im going to be like at kid at some kind festive holiday with presents
              skinned knuckle racing

Comment

SUMP IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It gets installed starting next week, as well as an inspection of the build, since the engine has to be dropped out. Will post more as the build is going on, along with battery relocation, custom tuned airbox, and defi install. Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!

skinned knuckle racing

Comment

awesome expensive piece of mod
                  going to winton in may too matty?
                  - Project R -

Comment

if i keep my job, then yes!
                    skinned knuckle racing

Comment

Working...
                    X