Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rota Slipstream question

hi all ,

I did search around the forum , but cant find any regarding to my question.

therefore I open a new thread . hopefully some Rota Slipstream user with spoon caliper can tell me what offset I should go for..

QUESTION:
    Rota Slipstream (15x7) will clear spoon twin block caliper but with what offset ?

+35 /+40 /+45 ? (Rota provides these 3 types of offset for buyers)

many many thanks

I have no idea which of those will clear spoon calipers but I would get the +35 because it will look better. Generally lower offsets give you more brake clearance too.

Comment

But i m worry the tyre will touch the fender guard if go for offset 35. (15x7)

Comment

Just go +35.

Don't be weak.

Comment

Originally posted by dynosaur View Post
          But i m worry the tyre will touch the fender guard if go for offset 35. (15x7)
          depends on the tyre, and how low you go

pretty sure +35 should clear anyway

Comment

Originally posted by hebe View Post
            Just go +35.

Don't be weak.

Chk Chk Boom!

Comment

will all those "don't be weak" supporters be there when he is getting his guards rolled?

if not, please be careful about what you are saying...
              ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                will all those "don't be weak" supporters be there when he is getting his guards rolled?

if not, please be careful about what you are saying...
                Since he is in Melbourne I will happily do it for a slab of beer.

Comment

+35 is good.. i would lip/roll the guards..

and rotas are bad.. kthxbye
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                    I have no idea which of those will clear spoon calipers but I would get the +35 because it will look better. Generally lower offsets give you more brake clearance too.
                    Dynosaur..

would you not consider rolling your guards?

toms right generally lower offsets give better brake clearance.. at the cost of mad mexicanstyles..

but as ive proven just recently is that with rolling the guards i can clear even 15x7 +20..

i actually think a 15x7 +35 is rather conservative since i ran the 16x7 +40 with no drama and was still a decent distance away from my guards..

the big question is are you planing on lowering the car alot? or has it been lowered alot? because if its at a decent height or stock height.. i dont think it would touch at +35..

and thats a pretty good offer =P.. i would go for the lip rolling option over running a sunken offset rim =P
                    Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                    some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                    Originally posted by tinkerbell
                    if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                    A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                    Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post
                      Dynosaur..

would you not consider rolling your guards?

toms right generally lower offsets give better brake clearance.. at the cost of mad mexicanstyles..

but as ive proven just recently is that with rolling the guards i can clear even 15x7 +20..

i actually think a 15x7 +35 is rather conservative since i ran the 16x7 +40 with no drama and was still a decent distance away from my guards..

the big question is are you planing on lowering the car alot? or has it been lowered alot? because if its at a decent height or stock height.. i dont think it would touch at +35..

and thats a pretty good offer =P.. i would go for the lip rolling option over running a sunken offset rim =P
                      l m not consider rolling guards.

any member could upload some photos about the offset of 35 & 40 ?

thanks

Comment

Thanks for ur generous offer

I will let u know if I need it.

thank you good man

Comment

Working...
                        X