Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Filter Sandwich Plate

Hey Guys,

Finally trying to finish up the last of my projects, and I am trying to install my gauges.

I want to install the oil temp and pressure gauges in my DC2R as easily as possible.

I really don't want to risk it with any chinese made parts and do it right the first time.

So I have been looking at the greddy oil sandwich plate adapter. Does anyone have any experience with this one ?

Or any others ?

Whats the best way for me to get the sensors installed ?
    /Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

I have a Sard one and it does the job.

Greddy def one of the most popular as when I was shopping around in HK for it there was none left which is why I went with the Sard.

Comment

Not sure if you have an oil cooler? Since you're doing this, you may as well put in an oil cooler with a remote filter block - You can easily put your sensors onto the remote filter block, which is what i've done.

http://www.teammfactory.com/products...20Cooler%20Kit
      MFactory Performance Products

Follow my journey to Superlap at: http://nextstopsuperlap.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

I have Greddy one before it does the job too.

You can get SARD, GREDDY, BLITZ as far as I know.

Comment

Ok cool just picked up a greddy one for 90 bucks, hopefully it arrives soon.

I preferred the Greddy mainly as it has two O Rings in its sealing design which I think adds and extra barrier for oil leakage.

Will let you know how it goes when I get it.
          /Oo ___H___ oO\
          |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

i have the greddy oil sandwitch plate and defi din gauges. works perfectly, no probs for several years now.
            like e240 said though, if ur gunna run an oil cooler theres not enough room for both sandwitch plates..
            "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Why would you want to run 2 plates? Theres no need.
              Deano.

Comment

i can confirm.............i have used and am still using the GREDDY sandwich plate and i have not had any issues at all................i am using it for oil pressure guage and oil feed for my boosted setup..............in my dc2r
                my sale thread 21.01.12
                CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

Nope not gonna run two plates, I have an oil cooler set-up but i haven't installed it yet, as most of my driving doesn't require it.

So in the meantime i thought gauges would be nice. The greddy sandwich plate has two seals... maybe i confused u with that.
                  /Oo ___H___ oO\
                  |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

oops my bad. i thought the remote oil cooler sandwitch plate doesnt have extra ports for sensors, but apparently it does. (sorry. night shift makes me dopey.)
                    "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
                      Nope not gonna run two plates, I have an oil cooler set-up but i haven't installed it yet, as most of my driving doesn't require it.

So in the meantime i thought gauges would be nice. The greddy sandwich plate has two seals... maybe i confused u with that.
                      if i remember the smaller seal is for a honda, the other seal (bigger one) is suited to a skyline and 200sx............
                      my sale thread 21.01.12
                      CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

Ahhhhh well what can I say to that lol.

Oh wells I guess at least it's tried and tested.
                        /Oo ___H___ oO\
                        |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Sorry to bump an old thread, i might be gettting gauges.

So obviosuly I need a sandwich plate.

How do you install this, but more importantly, how do I know im getting the correct one for my car. dc5 integra. k20z1
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

you don't need a sandwich plate if you want to have gauges

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
                              you don't need a sandwich plate if you want to have gauges
                              From what i know it's safer and doesn't result in a Major defect if you get hassled from the cops

Comment

Working...
                              X