Tyre Wear question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for all your replies guys.

Tyres were bough brand new...thus my concern. Yeah, the inner wear is very harsh, and i guess the reason for my posting here was just to see if it was a tell tale case of *something*.

I guess the next step is to get a wheel alignment, with the view to replacing a few bushes underneath the car at the same time.

I'll make sure i post up camber and toe settings before and after when i get my alignment done...lol

Cheers again guys!

Comment

Alignment... Alignment... Alignment... as everyone else has said.

15-20,000 km can easily destroy tyres like that with incorrect alignment. Hell, my alignment is set up for street use with minimal wear (ie. toe) and I'm lucky to get that! I think my last set of Michelin PP2's I managed 13,000km .... !
      | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

i was happy to get 12'000km out of my T1R's before bining them (once first wear indicator was revealed)...

they had inside wear due to the agressive toe out that had been set...

20'000km is good for a set of high performance tyres... IMO...
        ... retired/

Comment

just a thought, my last car was a 95 vtir teg (non lsd)and it used to shred the front left thanx to spirited driving as it used to wheelspin on corner exit. could this be the case?

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
            i was happy to get 12'000km out of my T1R's before bining them (once first wear indicator was revealed)...

yeah i got 15000 on my continetals contact2sport tyres.. got RE-001's they are a harder compound so they should last longer i hope...

Comment

Originally posted by bigbadbeau View Post
              just a thought, my last car was a 95 vtir teg (non lsd)and it used to shred the front left thanx to spirited driving as it used to wheelspin on corner exit. could this be the case?

Car has a B18c engine and gearbox... so it has a LSD.

How would offset be affected?

Because i'm guess that a normal EG would run a certain offset (tyre well), and a DC2r would run a differant offset (brake hub)... what would be a way of calculating would the offset should be.
              Last edited by 45SET; 23-09-08, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post

Wow! I have got 18,000km's of street driving and one track day on my T1R's. I still have HEAPS of tread left. 1mm Toe out rear, and 0.8mm toe out front. Bit of camber too.

Originally posted by ChargeR
                Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

i had heaps of tread left too!

having "heaps of tread left" doesn't mean the tyre is still going to perform at its optimum.
                  ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                  X