Comment

it will look awsome with an agressive body kit

it will look like dirt with stock audm front dc2r

z10 says:
      i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
      z10 says:
      mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Not the only one, I think it looks shit as well, you can tell it was not supose to be there, does not go with the rest of the car, maybe something a bit smaller would look ok

Comment

You'd look pretty silly rolling with a rear diffuser on the street and on the track unless you had it along with front air dam, canards and rear wing you'd actually be upsetting the cars balance.

The DC5 looks ridiculous too because the diffuser doesn't rearch the edges of the bumper properly. Notice how all of these cars are parked? Yes, looking at ChargeR.
          Last edited by m0nty; 12-09-08, 10:40 AM.

Comment

it might not benefit it much but it would still steady the air and direct it to the rear with this diffuser.

Yeah i wont lie...id rock it on the streets even if ppl thought it was wank factor. I like it thats all that would matter.

Also i think it would look pretty damn hot on the audm front.

Comment

wouldnt it cost less if you get one custom made? then you can make up your own design or even replicate the spoon diffuser, and it will fit better too

z10 says:
              z10 says:

Comment

Originally posted by macoman69 View Post
                it might not benefit it much but it would still steady the air and direct it to the rear with this diffuser.
                Yes it would steady airflow underneath the car. It does not act like a vacuum and direct the air to the rear of the car though. The diffuser is designed to create rear downforce in conjunction with an aero rear wing. Not having balance between the two will not give you the results you're looking for. On a track, using just a rear diffuser would give you more understeer. Rear grip would surpass that of the front. I really can't stress enough that if you want a diffuser go ahead, but get a complete package all at once as per the original DC2 pictured.

The impression I'm getting though is that you want this because it looks good. You may find it reduces practicality due to having a lower rear end and also kills the dynamics of the DC2.

Comment

so did you read the info i posted before?

it seems from what i read of it, that a diffuser on its own will make it worse than no diffuser at all...
                  ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                    Yes it would steady airflow underneath the car. It does not act like a vacuum and direct the air to the rear of the car though. The diffuser is designed to create rear downforce in conjunction with an aero rear wing. Not having balance between the two will not give you the results you're looking for. On a track, using just a rear diffuser would give you more understeer. Rear grip would surpass that of the front. I really can't stress enough that if you want a diffuser go ahead, but get a complete package all at once as per the original DC2 pictured.

The impression I'm getting though is that you want this because it looks good. You may find it reduces practicality due to having a lower rear end and also kills the dynamics of the DC2.
                    Wouldnt suspension and tyres play a big factor in how much grip you have as well. I agree with you that yeah it would be better to have the whole aero package but honestly this rear diffuser probably wouldnt give you that much benefit or negative effect to even notice. Can only try i guess.

Comment

macoman - read this one:

http://www.specialprojectsms.com/ind...?categoryID=30
                      ... retired/

Comment

is it even a spoon diffuser??? i can't seem to find it on the spoon site?

does anyone have link?

z10 says:
                        z10 says:

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubo (LJ) View Post
                          Not the only one, I think it looks shit as well, you can tell it was not supose to be there, does not go with the rest of the car, maybe something a bit smaller would look ok
                          I three also think it looks silly. It dosen't even look intergrated with the car and looks like its been bolted on for the sake for it. What also bugs me about it (looks wise) is how the exhaust is inbetween the rear bar and the diffuser.

I wished they made an aftermarket rear diffuser for the DC5 similar to this kind of style as it sits way more flush with the rest of the car. But I have never came across one like this.

Last edited by TeMp; 12-09-08, 12:23 PM.

Comment

http://www.spoonsports.us/ProductDet...02%2DAP1%2D000

Comment

wow i didn't know they had a us site....the diffuser is not on their jp website

z10 says:
                              z10 says:

Comment

Wouldnt suspension and tyres play a big factor in how much grip you have as well. I agree with you that yeah it would be better to have the whole aero package but honestly this rear diffuser probably wouldnt give you that much benefit or negative effect to even notice. Can only try i guess.
                                Of course they do, however aero parts will change the weight balance of the car thanks to downforce. Everything you do has an effect on something else. When you push down he back of a car the front lifts up. Running better tyres doesn't help as you aren't addressing the downforce issue, merely trying to cover it up. You're still increasing rear grip by upgrading tyres. Suspension being the same. You'll need to upgrade spring rates if you're creating more downforce to help with downward force on the road. Fuel consumption also increases as the car is effectively heavier. For the road, optimal drag is as the manufacturer designs it. The reason why diffusers and wings are on track cars is to create more grip for cornering.

At the end of the day it's your car. If you're doing ti for looks then have at it, but you're affecting the drive of the car in doing so.
                                Last edited by m0nty; 12-09-08, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X