80,000 service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80,000 service

Yo! long time no post; just wondering if anyone can help me?
    I currently have 71000km on my June/2003 DC5r and needed to get it in for a service. The Honda dealer has mentioned that it would be the 80k service schedule and is $1000+ for the work to be carried out.

Does this sound about right? Looking at the 80,000 schedule in the manual it looks as though nothing special is done....just the usual replace items such as fluids and filters then inspect valve clearance etc...
    Just along for the ride

try a different honda dealer or ultratune or something?
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

You dont have to get it done at honda dealers if there is still warranty on the car.

They can't void it as long as you get it serviced regularly by a licensed auto mechanic workshop.

$1000 is steep even for a full Major service.

I would recommend you call around till you find the best deal.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
      Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Cheers, thanks peoples.
        Just along for the ride

Comment

I had my 80k service done at Hannys... I don't think it cost $500 let alone $1000

Watching them change the fuel filter was interesting.....

Comment

why dont you ask them why it costs so much when they tell you its $1000?

then you can cross reference against your owners manual and see if what they say makes sense..

its possible they want to jump the gun and do your major 100k service stuff..

my Honda dealer in Adelaide doesnt fark me around so i have no problem questioning what they do.

Comment

$1000+ is WAY too much!
              Especially as there is no timing belt that needs to be changed. Timing chain only needs to be inspected, and I doubt they'll even do that.

You should however, have water pump, cam seal changed.
              Last edited by VTECMACHINE; 08-09-08, 02:42 PM.

Originally posted by ChargeR
              Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
                I had my 80k service done at Hannys... I don't think it cost $500 let alone $1000

Watching them change the fuel filter was interesting.....
                ditto. i remember it being about $450ish
                T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

If you do get someone other than honda to do this service you may want to make sure thay know that thay are very sure how to set the correct clearances.

Comment

Originally posted by wpg81 View Post
                    If you do get someone other than honda to do this service you may want to make sure thay know that thay are very sure how to set the correct clearances.
                    Seriously it's not that hard....
                    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

so the B18c uses timing chain not timing belt?

Comment

i got my 80,000km service coming up to, wouldnt mind to see some prices people are getting
                        2004 Integra DC5 Luxury Alabaster/Satin Silver

Comment

Originally posted by na-tastic View Post
                          so the B18c uses timing chain not timing belt?
                          B = timing belt
                          K = chain

Comment

Working...
                          X