Mini 6 Pot Endless on DC2R Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini 6 Pot Endless on DC2R Query

Ok so i might have the chance to buy a mini 6 pot endless braking kit with 324mm ventilated discs.

I have Rays 16" RE30's with a +42 offset on a DC2R

This kit is on a Euro what will i need to do to make them fit on my DC2R. Is it possible to make them fit within the wheels.

Ps. If need be i will just get smaller rotors if these do not fit

All info appreciated.

should fit...the mini is are tiny in size....im running same wheels in the same size and offset and are running 4 pot brakes on a jazz and they clear...i owuld say the mini 6 is smaller in size so it will clear no problem

z10 says:
    i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
    z10 says:
    mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

You are running 4 pot , but are you running 324 mm rotors?

Im running 4 pot on 300mm rotors and there is not alot of 17" wheels that clear with such a low offset.

I seriously dont think this will clear easily.

trial it and see but I think chances are slim with rotors of that side.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
      Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

A 16" wheel will clear 6 piston minis on a DC5 with stock 300mm rotors. Based on the amount of clearance that setup has I am going to say that the same caliper will not clear the barrel of a 16" wheel on a 324mm rotor. Spoke clearance is going to be a huge issue too.

Comment

I also noted this kit is for a euro accord?

The rotors wont work on your car as the offset is different to your dc2r ( +50 off memory? )

And you need custom brackets if you want the caliper to fit. which arent cheap either.

I think you will have more headache's with this set up than buying one designed for your car.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
          Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

oh didn't see the 324 rotor part....it wont clear for sure then hahaha....i only have very little gap left running 282 rotors

z10 says:
            i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
            z10 says:
            mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

So basically you will need custom brackets, the right size rotor and some means to connect them to the hard brake lines on the chassis. I wish you good luck.

Comment

ok so what if i get different rotors and custom brackets which shouldnt be a problem for any cnc machine.

I think the RE30's are big break kit friendly. Will they fit if you take this into account?
                Also what are acutally better Normal 4 Pot Endless or 6 Pot Mini Endless.

Comment

Originally posted by macoman69 View Post
                  ok so what if i get different rotors and custom brackets which shouldnt be a problem for any cnc machine.

I think the RE30's are big break kit friendly. Will they fit if you take this into account?
                  Also what are acutally better Normal 4 Pot Endless or 6 Pot Mini Endless.
                  Neither is 'better'. They are different size for a slight difference in heat capacity, will accept a different range of rotor sizes, and have different pad area and piston area which will significantly affect brake bias. They seem relatively similar apart from that.

Comment

in terms of brake bias is it a bit overkill on a dc2r or would it suit quite nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by macoman69 View Post
                      in terms of brake bias is it a bit overkill on a dc2r or would it suit quite nicely.
                      No idea on that one. Depending on the piston sizes you might have more front bias or rear bias. I wanted my associate that has the Mini 6s to measure the piston sizes on them before they were installed but no love.

I would think that a slight shift of the brake bias forwards on a track/high performance car might be wise since with grippier tyres and such we will be experiencing more load transfer to the front tyres under brakes so we will want to take advantage of this by shifting the ratio of brake torque forward. I think you would always want to lock your front wheels ever so slightly before the rears anyway. I have no evidence to support this anyway.

Comment

i'm running re30's 16x7 +42 with spoon calipers on standard sized discs (282mm) and i could only fit a pinky between the rim and the brake calipers. if your looking at 6 pot im assuming you'd need at least 17" and god damn 324 is huge for our cars!

Comment

are you talking about between the actual rim or the spokes?

Ok so i found out some more details.

Endless Mini 6 Pot measurements are Height of caliper is 63.4mm the Length is 214mm and the Width is 117mm
                          Compared to Spoon Twin Block 4 Pots are Height of caliper is 95mm the Length is 240mm and the Width is 135mm.

So its pretty safe to say that the Endless Mini 6 Pot should be able to fit under the wheel but what will be the max rotor size that i will be able to run.
                          Last edited by macoman69; 08-09-08, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X