Custom Headers DC5 K20Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EL_DC5 View Post
    I have read a lot on people using 3" systems great improvements but i dont know who makes them.
    That's for the catback. I've never seen a 3" collector pipe on headers.

If you're after a 70mm exhaust there is the J's 70RR and Mugen N1. Both are pretty expensive and I know for a fact the 70RR is waaaay to loud for street and has no space for a cat. It includes 2-1 pipe and goes right up to the 4-2 headers.

Chi could tell you a little more about the Mugen exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
      That's for the catback. I've never seen a 3" collector pipe on headers.

If you're after a 70mm exhaust there is the J's 70RR and Mugen N1. Both are pretty expensive and I know for a fact the 70RR is waaaay to loud for street and has no space for a cat. It includes 2-1 pipe and goes right up to the 4-2 headers.

Chi could tell you a little more about the Mugen exhaust.
      Too slow guy. The Mugen is the same layout as the 70RR; slip fit, with a 2-1 piece, but with a tail muffler. Perfectly streetable in my opinion.

EDIT: SSR will happily put a 3" collector on one of their exhaust manfolds I imagine. Not sure if this is a good idea or not though.
      Last edited by ChargeR; 05-09-08, 06:57 PM.

Comment

TODA has new design for the K20Z engine

Primary Runners 45mm
        Secondary Runners 50mm
        Middle Section 55mm~60mm
        Collector 60mm
        Source http://todaracingusa.com/product?cid=14&id=718

The Version for the K20A is the one we see here

Primary Runners 45mm
        Secondary Runners 50mm
        Collector 60mm
        OK where and how much is the headers for the k20Z??!
        or is that for their Civic Si only??

Comment

That toda header for the k20z is for the US civic....not the AUS DC5S

I made the same mistake earlier this week
          Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
          "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
          sigpic
          itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
          send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

daz, you bought one and it didn't fit?

Comment

I dont know why you guys are recommending a catback that is for race use only and deletes the cat.

EL _DC5 uses his car for daily.

So now you guys are going off topic.

He's asking about headers.

And how on earth is the Mugen N1 streetable? It may look legal at the muffler , but when it comes to the sniff test im sure you will end up with a nice fine with the smart enough copper.

I'd recommend SSR headers from the US with room for a hi flow cat mated to a 60 RS or Amuse R1 , thus saving you a big weight difference over other non Ti exhausts.

But knowing you're budget Paul, Just stick with your JDM DC5R SS headers, they are actually quite good quality.

I reckon you will get low end lag due to the bigger 3" exhaust especially with a daily driver likes yours, you'd want some bottom to mid range reponse, rather than outright top end power gain.
              Last edited by Chi; 06-09-08, 10:06 AM.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
              Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
                And how on earth is the Mugen N1 streetable? It may look legal at the muffler , but when it comes to the sniff test im sure you will end up with a nice fine with the smart enough copper.

I'd recommend SSR headers from the US with room for a hi flow cat mated to a 60 RS or Amuse R1 , thus saving you a big weight difference over other non Ti exhausts.
                I was referring to the noise level of the N1. I drove around catless for 3 years. It was awesome. Champagne flowed from the heavens and everywhere I went there was the faint noise of harps playing.

I am still against this whole proposal. At the end after all the messing about you will still end up with something inferior to most of the aftermarket exhaust manifolds available. Chi's recommendation of SSR + Amuse is nice if you are baller, but the JDM exhaust manifold is cheap and has been shown to make gains.

Comment

Who phails at reading Chi?

Point out where Tom or I said for him to get a 70mm exhaust with no cat. We merely answered his question as to which exhausts were 70mm.

Comment

No, I dont fail at reading, your knowledge is what fails you

You're recommending 70mm Exhausts that are illegal to get when there are plenty of 70mm catbacks that cater for a cat to be installed.

Skunk2 :
                    http://got-jdm.com/skunk2-70mm-0205-...0mm-p-210.html

Greddy :
                    http://www.statracing.com/buy/greddy...-c-exhaust.asp

T1R
                    https://vexmotorsports.3dcartstores....7-reviews.html

Go do some research you nub.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
                    Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

*sigh*

I mentioned 2 70mm exhausts that I knew of. You're a complete asshole sometimes.... no wait, most of the time.

How does calling people a nub advance these boards? If we all carried on like you people would constantly be mentioning your weak times at WP, but we're not going to stoop to your level now are we.

Comment

It's ok Princess, theres no need to be bitter.

Besides mentioning my WP times doesn't affect me, as my main aim was defeating my nemesis and that was achieved.

You have a bigger weight on your shoulder come Super Sprints

Comment

hahaha... I should have put no Bitching on the title.
                          but thanks guys for all your input.

Daz how did you make that mistake, explain please. i read somewhere that the k20z toda manifold does fit on a RSX-S.
                          with a aftermarket swaybar. Ill try and find it again
                          Last edited by PolitoHood; 07-09-08, 10:20 AM.
                          Nankangs, Better than Your-Mums-Cans

* Please note, I hate Nankangs.

Comment

no no I didn't buy it lol.

I showed ChargeR that exact same link thinking that toda has made 2 different headers for the DC5. However he did not think that the k20z toda header is compatible with the DC5 (I had jumped the run :P).

EL- Would be good if you can find that information. But we need to fit aftermarket swaybars anyways to fit the k20a toda header.
                            Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
                            "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
                            sigpic
                            itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
                            send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

TODA has new design for the K20Z engine
                              http://todaracingusa.com/media/skus/718.jpg
                              Primary Runners 45mm
                              Secondary Runners 50mm
                              Middle Section 55mm~60mm
                              Collector 60mm
                              Source http://todaracingusa.com/product?cid=14&id=718

The Version for the K20A is the one we see here
                              http://todaracingusa.com/media/skus/471.jpg
                              Primary Runners 45mm
                              Secondary Runners 50mm
                              Collector 60mm
                              If you want to get a Toda manifold you want the second one in your post designed for the DC5 chassis. The one for the K20z will not fit as it is confusingly labelled, it is for the FD2R and hence fits USDM Civic Si's. It will not fit a DC5. The exhaust manifold are very similar anyway.

Comment

bugger, i quite like the K20Z Toda header
                                the one for the k20Z looks like it would be easier to fit an aftermarket cat on.

Comment

Working...
                                X