No announcement yet.

VSS Problem.. Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did you go and CHECK if it is the connector?

dont start a thread, ask for help, get help, ignore help, then ask for more help?

that's not usually how it works.
    ... retired/

Comment

well i took it out thi morning n had another look. i'm gonna go get some clc n spray it, see if that works. the connector does not look clean, so i'll post results soon
      DCIIR

Comment

yeah, it would be the first thing you need to rule out as the problem, especially since you replaced the VSS itself...

other option is to test your one in someone elses car too...
        ... retired/

Comment

spray some contact cleaner on it. Sounds like connection issue.
          BYP Racing & Developments
          Built. Tuned. Driven
          Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

sprayed it with wd40.. works better all the way to 100, however any gear at vtec WOT its hopeless. would connector cleaner improve it much more??
            DCIIR

Comment

maybe with that connector cleaner i could get cotton buds out or something...
              DCIIR

Comment

well that sounds like good news if wd40 helps!

get a real bright torch and check then inside of the connector to see how bad it is.

maybe use a toothpick to clean out any gunk and see how damaged it is (if it is damaged inside??)

so - if it is damaged, and simply cleaning it wont fix it, there is another cheap solution using tiny thin strips of aluminium foil.

but it is fiddly and a last resort before getting a used sensor plug chopped from a wreckers loom and re-soldering it...

as it requires pictures to explain, so i will wait until you try cleaning out fully it first
                ... retired/

Comment

i have the plug pins, you can simply cut the wire and re terminate, its a 10min job.

first, disconenct the connector from the vss, with a small screw driver, remove the white cap, then push the pins out of the connector (make sure you make note of where the wires are located) inspect the pins. maybe do one pin at a time.

Comment

yeh i'll have a look tonight, get into it. the connector plug would be generic across the dc2 line wouldn't it? if so i could probably find one at brogers or hondawreck... anyways i'll update later tonite
                    DCIIR

Comment

yes, generic.

even off civics etc...
                      ... retired/

Comment

the issue will not be the connector, it will be the pins inside the connector, i have spare pins if it turns out to be the pins. you are welcome to have some.

Comment

Working...
                        X