Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine mount broke

Hi guys,

Front driver side engine mount on my 04 type S broke.
    do anyone here has the same problem?
    my car has only done 55,000Km and never been driven hard or taken onto the track...
    any suggestion for a good mount?

cheers,

your car under extended honda warranty?

Comment

i think this is relatively common isnt it?

Comment

my previous DC5R broke also. Seems to be a common issue. The DC5 mounts suck. Mine was probably broken for quite some time and I couldn't even feel a difference until my mechanic picked it up when changing a clutch for me.

Go get some Mugen mounts or inserts.

Comment

The front mounts are very prone to breaking in the DC5R and are pretty crappy straight out of the box. Upgraded mounts/inserts will give a more precise feel to gear shifting and will help in eliminating wheel hop, so think about your broken mount as a blessing and not a curse!

Btw, I've got a set of ESMM inserts if you're looking around for a set.

/threadwhore
          Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

what is the sign of the broken engine mount? vibration?
            - Project R -

Comment

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
              what is the sign of the broken engine mount? vibration?
              clunks and chinqs (or just bad soundign noises) once fully broken...
              ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by Aixhero View Post
                any suggestion for a good mount?

cheers,
                Innovative 75a steel for around $350. Billet for another $100 or so. Best money can buy in my opinion. Alot of other mounts are just inserts on OEM mounts.

Comment

ive got innovative and they are a bit rough compared to stock, but make a real difference to the feel of the car, full billet once peice...

Comment

Originally posted by Zilli View Post
                    ive got innovative and they are a bit rough compared to stock, but make a real difference to the feel of the car, full billet once peice...

Which grade? I've been in Chi's car which has 75a. I have 85a but have never started the car. I can't remember if they do a 65a.

Comment

I've tried searching for Innovative mount, but couldn't find any that will take Paypal and ship to Australia.

Where did you guys got your Innnovative mount from?

What are inserts and how do you use them?

Comment

62a i think... still fucking rough as guts, but i just gotta harden the fuck up

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                          Which grade? I've been in Chi's car which has 75a. I have 85a but have never started the car. I can't remember if they do a 65a.
                          Watch out Sam....my friend had the 85a and it fucked the knocking sensor after sometime.....dunno whether coz the engine mounts or other reason......but the car virbrate like a Osim massage chair....
                          Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                          1)ブレーキを踏む
                          2)クラッチを切る
                          3)シフトダウンしなから、
                            アクセルをぶかす
                          4)クラッチをつなぐ
                          :blah:
                          インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                          人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

^^ I have AVID mounts 62A and its very stiff. So I wouldnt recommend any higher unless you're doing regular trackwork. Even then?

Try look at the traders and I think chi has some too. DC5S should be the same as DC5R's.

Comment

i got my 60a off ebay, via paypal for about 310USD shipped.

edit: here is the item:
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=310074102535

best deal i could find around, goods arrived in a week, reasonable shipping price since all USPS and UPS shipping costs shitloads.

Comment

Working...
                              X