Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat?

Hey guys
    I've noticed a problem where the water temp (stock gauge on cluster not aftermarket) will drop when I vtec or cruise down the highway (esp at night) probably not caused by vtec itself but by the increased speed from vtec =P. It drops to about the 2nd notch, normally it runs around the 3rd notch with the 5th being the middle notch. If i idle it'll rise to the 3rd notch.
    I know the most obvious solution is thermostat but it could be inaccurate gauge? or maybe there is no problem o.O
    The reason i think it might not be the thermostat is that the car still warms up within about 3-4kms and i don't have fuel economy problems like some other threads say.
    Last edited by c01567; 17-07-08, 11:15 PM.

There is no problem with your gauge or car, what you have described is normal especially with the super cold night we have had recently.

Comment

Originally posted by c01567 View Post
      The reason i think it might not be the thermostat is that the car still warms up within about 3-4kms and i don't have fuel economy problems like some other threads say.
      yep exactly, probly not actually a "fixable" problem then, or it could be just the start of a fialing thermostat...

but like Touge Tune says - it is most likely the *cold* weather...
      ... retired/

Comment

alrite thanks fellas, money stays in the wallet for now then =P

Comment

Originally posted by Touge Tune View Post
          There is no problem with your gauge or car, what you have described is normal especially with the super cold night we have had recently.
          Damn straight. You saw my water temps last night ey Ben...

Originally posted by ChargeR
          Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

symptoms you describe MAY indicate a failing thermostat.
            my car showed the EXACT same symptoms you mentioned in your OP.
            doesn't cost much to replace anyway lad!

Comment

Working...
            X