Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gearbox query

Hey guys

Recently I had my gearbox reconditioned with a new gearset. I had issues with crunching 3rd gear and reverse gear not engaging what so ever.

Since I got the car back its been fine, but 2nd and 3rd gear feel a little weird to slot into. Its hard to explain but you can kinda feel it, like a slight crunch (no bad noises but the feel of the gearstick doesnt feel right)

It only feels like this when cold and only for like 400m of driving or so. Id assume this is the reason but im a little paranoid about it after spending a fair bit of cash getting the gearbox repaired.

I also had a exedy HD clutch fitted as well if that helps.

car is a DC2R JDM

Thanks

Peter
    Last edited by uncivilised; 01-07-08, 09:20 AM.
    sigpic

um, no offence, but wouldn't you think the first person you ask about this issue is the person you paid the "fair bit of cash to" in the first place?
    ... retired/

Comment

btw - have you ever driven a car with 0km on the clock? how did that feel in the shifts when cold??
      ... retired/

Comment

Well I though it would be a good idea to ask fellow ITR owners before i go out of my way to speak to my mechanic about it.

I have never driven a new car with 0km on the clock.
        sigpic

Comment

maybe the mechanic didnt use correct gearbox fluid?
          ... retired/

Comment

although i have to say..

if you paid someone to build it and you have querries about something that you dont think meets expectations might have to go back to them and say something..

but having said that.. it could be gearbox oil?

i personally never liked the feel of OEM MTF in my Type R box.. then again this is just personal feel.. there are others that swear by that stuff.. (atleast in mine the OEM mtf gives the 1st and 2nd a Gritty Feel..) not sure how else to discribe it..
            Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
            some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
            Originally posted by tinkerbell
            if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
            A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
            Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

What oil do you use wayne?

Comment

I know it should be best to go back to my mechanic about this, thats fine but I thought it would be a good idea to ask if people have been through the same thing before i go ahead. The rebuild is under warranty, I hate having the car off the road but if the gearbox has to come out again, so be it.

Thanks for the responses so far
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by uncivilised View Post
                  I know it should be best to go back to my mechanic about this, thats fine but I thought it would be a good idea to ask if people have been through the same thing before i go ahead. The rebuild is under warranty, I hate having the car off the road but if the gearbox has to come out again, so be it.

Thanks for the responses so far
                  Have a go at my AUDM dc2r this Sat's cruise mate as well as that we can have a chat about it with regards to each other's gearbox feelings, oils etc.

Check wit ur mech first and see what oil he put into it too. cold morning starts is common for making gear shifting bit tight at first cause it needs to warm up. Afterall the integra is a track car n so was designed with the gearbox to run hot and aggressive to run smooth...

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by zeth_an View Post
                    What oil do you use wayne?
                    currently using Redline Lightweight Shockproof..

although i kinda liked the Motul gear300 on my car..

might try Redline MTL next time =P..
                    Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                    some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                    Originally posted by tinkerbell
                    if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                    A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                    Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Working...
                    X