Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Help - Camber Bolt

hi all,

thinking of getting Ingalls camber bolts for EP3.

can someone please confirm that we need the 16mm ones I-81280 & 35440?

also what's the different between these 2 parts? on the catalogue, it said I-81280 is non adjustable, does it means it's either +/- 2 or OEM setting?

thanks
    Philip

The 81280 kit will have twice as many bolts as the other one (4 I suspect, compared to 2) to allow you to use a camber bolt in both strut holes for more adjustment. Where did you read that the 81280 kit was non-adjustable?

I also suspect that your car uses the 16mm but I cannot confirm so it is probably best to just jack up the car and take one of the bolts out of the strut and measure it, if no-one chimes in here .

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
      Where did you read that the 81280 kit was non-adjustable?
      thanks for your reply.

the 06-07 catalog said it's not adjustable. (attached image)

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Lee View Post

the 06-07 catalog said it's not adjustable.
        That catalogue is saying that there is no adjustment available for castor, it is not referring to the camber bolts in the left 3 columns.

You might wish to confirm the number of bolts in each kit before you order, because it is hard to say how many they include in each kit looking at that catalogue. I would get a total of 4 bolts for maximum negative camber .

Comment

oops silly me.

it seems 81280 has a pair of bolts in a kit. to have max +/-2 u need 2 bolts per wheel. ie. 2 kits/4 bolts to do the front.

Comment

I have a set of the ingalls camber bolts (ie 2 bolts - Part number : 81280) for sale, pm me if interested

Originally posted by Philip Lee View Post
            oops silly me.

it seems 81280 has a pair of bolts in a kit. to have max +/-2 u need 2 bolts per wheel. ie. 2 kits/4 bolts to do the front.
            The instruction of ingalls camber bolts installation instruction said.."this kit will provide up to +/- 2 degree of camber change on most vehicles with one Fastcam bolt installed in the upper strut hole and up to +/-4 degree of caber change when two Fastcam bolts are used per wheel"

In other word, u only need to have one set of camber bolts to adjust upto +/- 2 degree per wheel. Or if u want to adjust upto +/- 4 degree per wheel, then u need two sets of the camber bolts. Hope it helps

Comment

Working...
            X