Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick engine mount question

Hey guys, 2 of my engine mounts are gone and i'm looking at a more oem
    set like spoon, anyways, i've got one in mind but it says its for a B16, and
    he says it'll fit any b-series, just wondering is this true??? cheers
    DCIIR

Where are you looking? I looked on nengun and there's a separate one for DC2R

Comment

exactly the same block guys -- yes it will work.

Same mounting points, same holes etc etc .. Thats why you can do engine swaps on most b series with relative ease, because you don't have to change the engine mounts (B16 - B20)

Comment

Originally posted by ewendc2r View Post
        exactly the same block guys -- yes it will work.

Same mounting points, same holes etc etc .. Thats why you can do engine swaps on most b series with relative ease, because you don't have to change the engine mounts (B16 - B20)
        Your not completely right. 2 out of 3 mounts are the same. Gotta becareful with the passenger(engine block) mount. B16a's are 2 hole mount while the b18c/b18c7 are 3 hole mount.
        BYP Racing & Developments
        Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
        STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

ah k sweet, nah nengun i kow have two seperate ones while this guy on ozhonda was selling some but maybe i should stick with the ones allocated for the dc2r.. cheers for the answers, very helpful indeed!

CLOSE THREAD
          DCIIR

Comment

WAIT!!!!! Dont close thread, i have one more question>>>>>>

Whats the difference between spoon n oem mounts, coz i've heard alot of the spoon stuff is pretty much oem?????
            DCIIR

Comment

think its just harder rubber same design though, not a solid mount. theres a description on nengun that says they use stiffer rubber etc.

Comment

yeh tru
                DCIIR

Comment

Try loooking at innovative or hasport mounts. look in the for sale section "chi" is selling a set of innovative mounts for dc2r. There cheaper then spoon and perform better.
                  BYP Racing & Developments
                  Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                  STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Originally posted by benson View Post
                    Your not completely right. 2 out of 3 mounts are the same. Gotta becareful with the passenger(engine block) mount. B16a's are 2 hole mount while the b18c/b18c7 are 3 hole mount.
                    Really? Two holes on the chassis side or on the block side of the mount? Interesting ...

Comment

Originally posted by ewendc2r View Post
                      Really? Two holes on the chassis side or on the block side of the mount? Interesting ...
                      have a look under your bonnet:

Attached Files
                      ... retired/

Comment

touche...

Comment

Working...
                        X