Anyone running Ti exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone running Ti exhaust?

Any dc2r owners using a Ti exhaust? impressions? Thinking of upgrading so might have full mugen exhaust / headers up for sale ..

Get an Amuse R1000 and have the most glorious exhaust around . Saves you the need to buy a test pipe or cat too because it is header back .

Seriously though Ti exhausts are just like their stainless steel brethren except lighter and they tend to have a slightly different tone.

If you are worried about durability I have had my Amuse R1 on for around 2 years and it is still in good condition even after being scraped many a time because my car is a little low.

Comment

Ti zorsts are really strong too.

Was driving behind a friend with a ARC Ti under axel zorst and he went over a hump in the road a bit too fast and then saw sparks fly ever where.

They checked later and there wasnt a single dent on the exhaust.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
      Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Thoughts on the J's Racing Ti Exhaust? Is there one that is distinctly better than the rest? Possible to get 3" exhaust in Ti for DC2r?

Comment

Originally posted by ewendc2r View Post
          Thoughts on the J's Racing Ti Exhaust? Is there one that is distinctly better than the rest? Possible to get 3" exhaust in Ti for DC2r?
          No point. Bigger not always better. B18 runs better with 2.5" diameter.

J's do a Ti exhaust for DC2 but it isn't street legal as exhaust goes all the way to headers.

http://www.jsracing.co.jp/js3/index....0RRB&xKEYWORD=

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
            Ti zorsts are really strong too.

Was driving behind a friend with a ARC Ti under axel zorst and he went over a hump in the road a bit too fast and then saw sparks fly ever where.

They checked later and there wasnt a single dent on the exhaust.
            I concur . My exhaust has copped a beating on street from speed humps and on track and there are only light scratches on the b-pipe.

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
            No point. Bigger not always better. B18 runs better with 2.5" diameter.

J's do a Ti exhaust for DC2 but it isn't street legal as exhaust goes all the way to headers.

http://www.jsracing.co.jp/js3/index....0RRB&xKEYWORD=
            I agree for a normal NA B series 3" is probably unnecessarily large diameter however looking in ewendc2r's build thread he plans to supercharge so perhaps a larger exhaust may be beneficial.

Also don't J's make a 60RS (Link) in addition to the 60RR for the dc2, with the RS being the cat back? You would know better than I though . I would choose an R1000 over any J's exhausts but that is personal preference.

Comment

for a dc2r or any b series you can't go bigger than 2.5" else you will get back pressure which = drop in power.
              DCIIR

Comment

Originally posted by Absolut R View Post
                for a dc2r or any b series you can't go bigger than 2.5" else you will get back pressure which = drop in power.
                lol -- back pressure would come from a smaller exhaust diameter not larger. In fact I have done a lot of research into this and there is pretty much a myth about back pressure --- ie. If F1 required backpressure they wouldnt have short extractors etc. If Backpressure was so important, then V8 Supercars wouldnt dump under the front wheels etc .. I really do think that back pressure is a big myth ... The problem more relates to the exhaust gases cooling before exiting the exhaust which means that more energy is required to push the exhaust out, in my instance, a 3" will probably be about right but a 2.5" as I have already got will probably suffice

Comment

j's make non-decat dc2 exhaust. they called it 60RS, come in either polish or blue tip. i happen to have the pics

click to enlarge

JDM Concept Pty Ltd (ABN 43 120 929 713)

Westpac Bank of Australia
                  A/C Name: JDM Concept
                  A/C BSB: 032157
                  A/C NO: 199691

sales[at]jdmconcept.com.au

Comment

ooh looks nice.
                    "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Are they a good exhaust? ie What is the best exhaust out there for DC2 R (Titanium) and is it available in 3" ???

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ewendc2r View Post
                        Are they a good exhaust? ie What is the best exhaust out there for DC2 R (Titanium) and is it available in 3" ???
                        I don't know of any JDM Ti exhaust that is 3" for a DC2.

There is no best exhaust, it really depends what you want. If I owned a dc2 I would get an Amuse R1000. However the Amuse is header back and is routed under the rear suspension so it will kill your ground clearance. Those factors may be a problem for some. What exactly are you looking for in an exhaust?

If you are concerned that a 60mm exhaust will be too small something custom may be better.

Comment

Well I am looking at 3" because once its SC'd I think it will benefit from extra flow capacity .. Having said that 2.5" should still suffice.

Yeah I want as much ground clearance as possible, assuming a custom Ti exhaust would be very costly?

Comment

jdm ti exhaust manufacturers for dc2r include m&m honda (60mm), top secret (60mm), JIC (60.5mm), J's racing (60mm), Signal (60mm), Powerhouse Amuse (60mm), Revolte (60mm) and Ganador (60mm).. this is from hyperrev integra special v126.
                            "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

do you know which is cheapest and quietest szy?

Comment

Working...
                              X