Removing trunk carpet from DC5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing trunk carpet from DC5?

For all the DC5 owners who have removed the carpeting from their rear trunk. How???

I tried it last time when adjusting the damper settings on my rear coils but I got fed up and just pulled open the carpet a bit to slip my hand inside. I can get the plastic bit off where the latch is, also all the clips and parcel hook etc but I just couldn't seem to get the carpet out without it seeming to break.

Jing? I remember seeing your rear boot of ur DC5 gutted back in the days, got any tips?

Thanks!!!

Hmmmmmmmm i kinda forgot how i did it now, but in my memory it wasnt too hard to get it out. Just have to give it abit of a tug. Isnt the carpet for the trunk just velcoed onto the rear seats? It should just pull right off?

Comment

I mean the lining on the side of the trunk. The "hard carpet" on both sides. The end bit of those are stuck on the end and I don't want to tug too hard cause knowing me I will probably use brute force and break something.

Thanks!!

Comment

I just pulled the clips out of the side walls and slowly pulled at each edge of the carpet until it came off, just dont pull too hard!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
          I just pulled the clips out of the side walls and slowly pulled at each edge of the carpet until it came off, just dont pull too hard!
          Thanks. Will try that. I tried last time but I thought I was gonna break something so I stopped before I did anything stupid again.

Comment

work around the edge...theres 4 clips i think from memory

if you want to meet up i can rip it out for you in 2 min

z10 says:
            i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
            z10 says:
            mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

I think that there is a small christmas tree plug holding the carpet to the side plastic thing. other than that, you just need to tug on the clip parts. should come straight off.

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman View Post
                work around the edge...theres 4 clips i think from memory

if you want to meet up i can rip it out for you in 2 min
                Thanks NoodleMan. I will try it myself first again to see how it goes. BTW do all you guys with adjustable coils rip out the carpeting or you just pry open the carpet each time you wanna adjust the coils.

Cause I am finding it a pain in the ass adjusting my coils to the right settings I like each time.

Comment

I just leave the carpet out all together.. its noisy az!.. there is one guy in the states that came up with a brillian idea. He cut a hole in the carpet and made like a plug thing that ou can take in and out . Its a black cover used in those office desks to cover up the power cords.

Comment

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...light=computer

Here is the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by revolution View Post
                      Thanks NoodleMan. I will try it myself first again to see how it goes. BTW do all you guys with adjustable coils rip out the carpeting or you just pry open the carpet each time you wanna adjust the coils.

Cause I am finding it a pain in the ass adjusting my coils to the right settings I like each time.

I usually just put the back seats down, pull up the edge of the carpet a bit and i can fit my hand in enough to adjust what i need

Comment

i cut a hole on the trim in my car when i had the dc5 so i dont have to pull the trim off everytime

z10 says:
                        i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                        z10 says:
                        mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post

That looks sweet. Off to hardware house I go

Comment

Working...
                          X