Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coilover Help!

Hi Guys

I know that there are quite a few threads in regards to coilovers for ppl with DC2Rs recently. I'm still very new to supension mods and am still learning about it all so please bear with any silly questions I'm asking!

I'm thinking of upgrading my stock DC2R suspension to coilovers.

Current suspension mods on my DC2R:
    - Cusco rear strut brace
    - Cusco front tie bar

- If I do get coilovers, I'm also going to get the Cusco Rear Sway bar too.

I'm tossing up between the following coilovers:
    1. Tein Mono Flex
    2. Cusco Zero2e
    3. Buddyclub N+
    ... Would love to get Toda Fightex DA, but not sure if I can justify the $$$ since I only track my car every 2 months. The car is used as a daily driver.

Just wondering what your opinions on the options above and what are your experiences with them? Currently it's a toss up between the Cusco Zero2e and Tein Mono Flex.

Also, Pillowball mounts - is it better to have them and what advantages and disadvantages of having them?

Thanks for your help!
    Daniel
    Last edited by apparition; 06-06-08, 01:24 AM.

the tein mono flex will be rock hard. Try and find out the spring rates for each set as it will give you a better idea on how they will ride as well.

Pricing on each set will also be a factor in decision making i guess.

Comment

spring rate on mono flex is acturally similar to flex.....all the difference it made from the damper settings.....once you change ur spring pre-load...it will be different too....
      Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
      1)ブレーキを踏む
      2)クラッチを切る
      3)シフトダウンしなから、
        アクセルをぶかす
      4)クラッチをつなぐ
      :blah:
      インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
      人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Just out of curiosity.. why do you want to get the cusco sway bar?

Comment

I want to get the Cusco Rear Swaybar so it would compliment the coilovers and reduce bodyroll.

Still researching on coilovers - Cusco Zero2e or Tein Monoflex - which one to get?

If anyone has these coilovers, what are your opinions on them?

Thanks for the replies guys!

Comment

From all reports the Tein's are a harsh ride in the DC2 R --- Look for something better valved with stiff springs (i.e Zeal, Toda etc)

I would go to the Honda-Tech.Com website and do some searches -- Thats where I based a lot of my decsions from. A lot of experience there, track and street setups.

Comment

... and just get the whiteline rear sway bar

Check out nengun.com or greenline.jp for good prices.

Comment

Toda DAs are the perfect choice for a Street/limited track suspension. Don't sell yourself short. They firm, but certainly not harsh.

If you track alot, you should look at N1s or more
                MFactory Performance Products

Follow my journey to Superlap at: http://nextstopsuperlap.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Mono Flex arnt harsh at all.

Im using them for my daily.

Comment

If your tracking every 2 months then it is worth the extra $$$....

Thats my opinion anyway
                    Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
                    "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
                    sigpic
                    itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
                    send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

if u track every 2 months i'd get something quite firm like the fightex's or zeal superfunctions..
                      look at spring rates too as they give you some idea of how firm the coilover will be (though not only, as valving also has a big effect). my zeals have 12kg/mm front and 8kg/mm rear, if i were tracking every 2 months i'd have gotten something firmer, eg 16kg/mm front and 12kg/mm rear ..
                      "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

I choose CUSCO ZERO2e over Mono Flex.

Comment

Hey Type R, how are the Cusco Zero2e like and made you choose them over the Tein Monoflex?

szymonsta, what model Zeals did you get and how much were they? I would like to get firmer coilovers, but I use the car as a daily + my dad sometimes drives it during the week, and I know that he will complain about the ride or drive it how he drives his camry - he doesn't brake for speed humps or potholes!

I'm tossing up between the Tien Monoflex and the Cusco Zero2e's atm - price wise are very close, although the Tein's cost a little bit more.

Do ppl recommend buying 2nd hand coilovers which have had some track use?

Comment

I think 2nd hand is ok....coz I got tein ss and tein mono flex now.....both 2nd hand and I dun have any issue at all...
                            Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                            1)ブレーキを踏む
                            2)クラッチを切る
                            3)シフトダウンしなから、
                              アクセルをぶかす
                            4)クラッチをつなぐ
                            :blah:
                            インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                            人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

i have zeal function xs (base model) but custom firmer spring rates and re-valved by zeal in japan. (12kg/mm front, 8kg/mm rear instead of stock rates of 10 and 6.)
                              got them thru centrax auto, highly recommend them. price was mid-high 2g's, not sure what it is now best to contact him. i daily-drive my car and track days 1-2 times a year..

personally i wouldnt get 2nd hand coilovers as they are a high-wear item..
                              "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Working...
                              X