Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clunky jerk when coming off clutch pedal at lower speeds/rpm

Hi Guys,

I've tried a search and didn't find anything. Maybe I've used the wrong key terms, so please don't flame, a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

I drive a DC2R which had 3rd gear, 2nd-3rd synchro and a clutch replaced about 2,000km ago.

Recently, I've been experiencing a jerk in the car when coming off the clutch in lower speeds/RPM. This is accompanied by a noticeable 'clunk'/'clack' noise.
    It happens in most gears (so far I've experienced it coming off the clutch and accelerating in 1st, 2nd and 3rd) - mainly in 1st and 2nd.

I'm sure it's not due to the revs being too low - the car doesn't shudder like it's about to stall. It feels like there may be something wrong with the clutch or flywheel, acceleration isn't smooth.

Any ideas? Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Something else just came to mind - could it be the TP switch?

Cheers,
    Jess
    Last edited by Jess; 01-06-08, 05:45 PM.

something wrong with the clutch

Comment

rear engine mount.

inspect with a torch - look for tears and cracks in the rubber...
      ... retired/

Comment

if that is not it - talk to whoever did the work on your gearbox 2000km ago... i doubt it is not related...

maybe they forgot to do up a bolt or something
        ... retired/

Comment

Sounds like rear engine mount.

Had the same problem.
          "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

I concur, sounds like rear engine mount.

I can tell if my rear mount is stuffed as soon as I reverse out of the garage... *clunk* when engaging the clutch.
            | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Working...
            X