Zeal Suspension - DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macoman69 View Post
    Anyone who says aluminium suspension will bend or deform normal street driving is full of shit IMO.
    Agreed, ran over many potholes with my Toda Fightex suspension and they still look good as new.
    ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by TOU93 View Post
      i have the function Xs, all i can say is that they are the sest suspension ive ever had, in my dc2r ive used tein flex and these crap all over then, they just absorb the bumps so well, you hardly ever feel like that the sheels are skipping along the road on rough surfaces.

Ive not had a chick complain from them yet i have them set to 3 out 5 front, 4 out of 5 rear, and that perfect for the highway and the mountains.

So these aren't too harsh for daily street driving?

Quote:
      Originally Posted by justinfox
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Zeal has new model, Function A, aluminum casing, cost only a bit more than function X
        Last edited by K.C.; 03-09-08, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by K.C. View Post
          Zeal has new model, Function A, aluminum casing, cost only a bit more than function X
          Link?

Quote:
          You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

Just read on the centrax site that the ZEALS needed to be overhauled every 10-15,000kms or 1-2 years whatever comes first.. Have those with ZEALS followed that?

Quote:

Comment

http://www.endless-sport.co.jp/suspe...kit/index.html

can someone who can read jap explain difference between Coils and Coils R on the pdf?
              http://www.endless-sport.co.jp/suspe...function_a.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
                Just read on the centrax site that the ZEALS needed to be overhauled every 10-15,000kms or 1-2 years whatever comes first.. Have those with ZEALS followed that?
                i havnt had mine overhauled, had them since november 2005, daily driving + a few track days. they still feel fantastic to me,and theres no leaks..
                i beleive that its not just zeals that should be overhauled regularly, ideally any coilover should be. its just that perhaps not all manufactuers/distributors spell it out.
                realistically, most 'performance' aftermarket parts, even the highest quality ones, will not last as long as oem equipment, be it coilovers, brake pads, s-tyres, clutches or exhaust manifolds..
                "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
                  http://www.endless-sport.co.jp/suspe...kit/index.html

can someone who can read jap explain difference between Coils and Coils R on the pdf?
                  http://www.endless-sport.co.jp/suspe...function_a.pdf
                  i cant but im assuming zeal are offering two differing spring rates (like they used to a few years ago).

..just noticed they used to use Swift springs on the superfunction, but it looks like they use their own now.

keep in mind they may be able to 'customise' your coilover to your specific requirements for little if any surcharge..(like they did for me).
                  "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

yep thats right they use their x-coils now no more swift springs.
                    Definitely cant complain the X-coils are great =)

Comment

Anyone know where to get Zeals overhauled in Oz, sorry to go off topic?

Comment

Originally posted by Slaz View Post
                        Anyone know where to get Zeals overhauled in Oz, sorry to go off topic?
                        Centrax Auto are the people who you're looking for.

http://www.centraxauto.com.au/zOverhaul.htm
                        Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

i was goin to get mine done but the guy at centrax said it wasnt needed as they were only 25000km old and he said it wasnt cheap. between $150-200 per shock dependng on how many seals need to be replaced

Comment

Working...
                          X