DC2R - Spoon Brakes, Stock Wheels & Spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R - Spoon Brakes, Stock Wheels & Spacers

Has anyone had experience with this combo on the track?

I'm concerned if there is enough thread for the nuts to go back on tightly..

Cheers!
    ClubITR | Like

get extended wheel studs, this is major stuff!

how much thread is actually available?
    ... retired/

Comment

Felix you got the H&R kit put it on if your worried.

I ran my capliers and spacers as it is had no drama's on the track twice. But to be on the safe side put the extended studs on bro
      ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

3MM spacers off Ebay do the trick.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MAG-WHEEL-SPA...QQcmdZViewItem

You'll most likely find spacers/washers behind the calipers to space them out (people do this for even pad wear). Take them off.. and your Caliper will move in like 2 mill. Use stock nuts, and these 3mm spacers... and they will fit easily, with a 1 - 1.5 mm clearance. Check your nuts after each session. They were fine on mine.

Originally posted by ChargeR
        Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
          get extended wheel studs, this is major stuff!

how much thread is actually available?
          I haven't trial fitted it yet so I'm not exactly sure how much thread is left.. the spacer is approximately 5mm thick from memory.

Originally posted by Perry View Post
          Felix you got the H&R kit put it on if your worried.

I ran my capliers and spacers as it is had no drama's on the track twice. But to be on the safe side put the extended studs on bro
          Yeah I was going to put the extended studs on (which are only 3-4mm longer lol) but I was advised that i would need new bearings because you can't just knock out the standard studs..

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
          3MM spacers off Ebay do the trick.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MAG-WHEEL-SPA...QQcmdZViewItem

You'll most likely find spacers/washers behind the calipers to space them out (people do this for even pad wear). Take them off.. and your Caliper will move in like 2 mill. Use stock nuts, and these 3mm spacers... and they will fit easily, with a 1 - 1.5 mm clearance. Check your nuts after each session. They were fine on mine.
          Oh I've got those washers.. they come standard with the Spoon brake kit right? Did you still need to use a spacer after you put on those washers because I remember you said you got the stock rims on without a spacer.
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

No... you take the washes out, and they'll move the caliper IN... I guess they must come with the brake kit.

I think we got the wheel on without a spacer... forgot now though. It wasn't enough clearance to be safe.. like less than half a mm. So I used a 3mm spacer to be safe. You can get the extended wheel studs... but IMO are not needed for 3mm.

Originally posted by ChargeR
            Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Working...
            X