DIY: Transmission Oil Change.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zakarados View Post
    Just a thought, i was looking through the DIY instructions, would it be possible not to put the car on the stands/jacks and just jack up the front left tyre take it off and go from there?
    possible, but potentially leathal...
    ... retired/

Comment

Hmmm 1.8L? sounds good.. ill just get 2L and get sum1 to put it in for me, alot of hassels when DIY ><!
      sigpic

Comment

yep. good plan.
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by Zakarados View Post
          Hmmm 1.8L? sounds good.. ill just get 2L and get sum1 to put it in for me, alot of hassels when DIY ><!

BoooOO.. its not that much of a hassle..i actually think the same amount of time is wasted if not more sending it to someone to do it..

but i guess if you cbf u cbf..
          Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
          some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
          Originally posted by tinkerbell
          if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
          A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
          Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Not too much the CBF, its more i dont have the stands and will need to purchase. Not really planning on doing this again just a one off as im getting a gritty feeling going into second from first and some gear pop outs, which i have read can be fixed with tranny change.

Just to confirm DC5R and DC5S same amount of tranny fluid?
            sigpic

Comment

u have a type S?

if you do that gear fluid thing helps mask the problem for only about 4000km..

alot of us with Type S here in melb have that annoying 2nd and 3rd gear problem..

some of us solved it using the Solid Bushings instead of the useless rubber stuff..
              Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
              some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
              Originally posted by tinkerbell
              if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
              A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
              Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

OO ic so it will only mask the issue for a short period ><!

i just jacked my car to see if i could change it my self see if i can do it my self.

Could i get more info on these Solid Bushings? The feeling i get from 1st to 2nd is like a crunch like something is in the way of the gear engaging. Honda said there is no issue. It happens 60% of my shifts and it feels dirt.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X